Whatcha think

Andrewoi1

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
COOLER MASTER Elite 430 RC-430-KWN1 Black Steel / Plastic Computer Case 40$
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM 80$
AMD A8-3870K Unlocked Llano 3.0GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6550D AD3870WNGXBOX
Average Rating 5 out of 5 eggs(88 reviews)
Combo savings with DVD burner, ends 3/31 140$
Seagate - Barracuda 500GB Internal Hard Drive for Desktops 67$
COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS500-PCARD3-US 500W ATX12V v2.3 Power Supply 38$( Combo with case) and 15 mir. 23$
ITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM 18$
ASUS F1A55-M LE FM1 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) Micro ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS 80$ -15 combo with processor
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 47$
Total=502.
What do you guys think about this build. I plan on using it for gaming. I have extra 100 dollars I can use on a graphics card. Or I could wait about 3 weeks and spend 150 or so on a graphics card. Let me know what you think and if you have a better build let me know.

OS isn't legal if you are buying these parts and building the computer for your personal use.

I would rather have the HAF 912 than the Elite 430.

I would rather have the Asus 24x CD drive if it can be in the deal instead of the Lite-on drive.

Motherboard - you might want to investigate how well this can OC the processor. Some boards can only change the clock speed, which could limit your options if you have any interest in OCing.

RAM - You need faster than this if you are going to be using Llano. 1600 RAM will seriously bottleneck your processor integrated graphics. 1866 or 2000 is better when your regular RAM is doubling as VRAM.

If you are going to pay for a graphics card, I would forget the llano. For $100 more than the llano you can get an i3-2120 and a 6770. In games where 4 cores aren't very good, the intel build would come out ahead.

If you are going to get a graphics card, you will want to stick with the 6570 which can crossfire with the graphics integrated into the Llano chip.

That card probably costs like $50 or $60.

If you want to pay more than that, then the chip on the Llano would be more of a hindrance than anything else.

I would decide how much you are willing to put into this and see where you want to be at in the end. An i3-2120 with a 6850 ($150 video card) would beat the Llano + 6850 in most games.

If you could wait 4 or 5 weeks and get $200 more you could get an i5-2400 and 6850 which is way better than Llano + 6850 and i3-2120 + 6850.

I would think about waiting for the 2400 + 6850 setup to get within your budget range. These are bread and butter value gaming components. Huge value for the expense.

- Edit - I missed the PSU looking through. I agree with Outlander, it sucks. Look for something from Antec or Corsair instead.

Andrewoi1

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Os isn't Legal? Not sure how so. If you could explain. I don't mind going intel build but I'm not paying anything over 600 dollars. I played wow swtor and sc2 maxxed using a 500 gaming pc so for my purpose anything over is really not needed. CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply. Could I OC that 1600. And will x fireing a 60 dollar card be better then using a 150 dollar one along side it? if so SAPPHIRE 100323L Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card. 50 bucks. I read some reviews and it seemed like it didn't xfire with the intergrated.

Andrewoi1

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Azeem you helped me before and agreed with the build. Do you have pref on power supply or Dvd-writer. Any ideas for Mobos? I choose that one due to Xfire support and combo with processor. With the Hd6570 I have 60 bucks I can spend or leave it as it is either way.

I recommend any XFX PSU. It is the only company that has Seasonic make their PSUs for all the PSUs in their lineup. Corsair has some PSUs not manufactured by Seasonic. For a 6570, you won't need more than a 450W PSU. Here is a great XFX one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207018&Tpk=XFX%20450W

It will supply your build with plenty of clean power.

Actually this is completely untrue.

Note this link is directly hosted on www.microsoft.com

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/pages/licensing_for_hobbyists.aspx

and note how it says this

There is a growing market for "do-it-yourself" home PC hobbyists who assemble PCs from components for their own use. Microsoft retail software licenses are the appropriate licenses for the do-it-yourself market. OEM System Builder software is not intended for this use, unless the PC that is assembled is being resold to another party. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

right at the very top.

Also, note how it matches up pretty much exactly what I said and how it doesn't match up at all with what you said.

Additionally, you will want to note that on this webpage, hosted on www.TomsHardware.com

http://www.tomshardware.com/terms.html

says the following

Your Conduct on Our Sites

You agree not to post or transmit material that ... other things not to do and... otherwise violates any law; or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense.

so, I would highly suggest you not go around contradicting me very often in this regard.

That said, OP - There are equally cheap options as OEM CDs and they are perfectly legal in cases where OEM CDs aren't (they are pretty much never legal if you aren't a company).

Students qualify for cheap copies through their school or through the Microsoft Student website. Much cheaper than OEM copies. They are legal retail copies so they can be used in pretty much every case.

You also qualify to buy a retail upgrade CD if you own a copy of XP or Vista that you will agree to stop using. If that is true you can get one of these for the same price as an OEM copy that is legal in most every case too as long as you quit using the other copy.

Andrewoi1

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Which Radeon 6570 should I get. There's about 15 of them. Free Sonic game coupon w/ purchase, limited offer MSI R6570-MD1G/LP Radeon HD 6570 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card, SAPPHIRE 100323L Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card. HDCP seems the most popular.

Asus makes good motherboards. I think it sells more motherboards than any other company on earth. That because they do a really good job. I have an Asus board and have never had any problems with it. I would buy others. I usually suggest Gigabyte boards to people and I would rather buy them from that brand at this point, but Asus is a close #2 for me.

Video Card - It doesn't really matter which one you choose. You can go with the cheapest one and not worry too much about it. They are mostly all the same if they are the same model type. There are tiny differences, but a 6570 is a 6570 is a 6570.

Azeem_Advice - I don't pay close attention to any particular person's advice, so I can't really comment. However, if you are contradicting me, it probably isn't good advice. I have a lot of really good rules of thumb after being in the game a long time and I don't usually comment when I don't have any idea what I am talking about.

If I say an OS isn't legal, it probably isn't, for instance.

They don't know what you intend to do with it. The assumption is that you are operating legally, therefore if you buy an OEM CD then you intend to sell the computer you are installing it on.

Regardless, whether people are prosecuted or not doesn't have anything to do with whether they should do it or not.

Bill Gates has enough money he could just have somebody physically offed without being prosecuted if they pirate his OS, but should he do it? Probably not.

I could take candy from a baby without being prosecuted. Should I do that? Probably not.

Doing the morally upstanding thing is its own reward. People are supposed to want to do what the law says. Not just to avoid punishment either, but because its the right thing to do as a responsible citizen.

- Edit - Clarity