[SOLVED] What's a decent older mid to high end tablet

GorillaMonsoon

Reputable
Feb 29, 2020
I've never really been in the loop with tabs and I could use some help picking one for my kids. I want to get an android so all the apps between our phones can be redownloaded. Something for stuff like Roblox and Minecraft and streaming / Downloading shows, and will stay snappy after a year or so.
My wife bought some cheap Samsung years ago despite me warning her and as expected it was a horrible experience and has sat dead for years now.

Im thinking something that was a flagship from a few years ago would probably be my best bet. Or maybe a newer mid level? I dunno. Looking to spend around $400 CAD but I rekon it will be a little more.

Solution
I don't advocate tablets because most of them have high cost and low features. For instance, a decent tab would give you just 32GB storage which is not quite enough. Rather, if you are taking it for your kids and their educational uses, a Chromebook could be of better use. I saw this Asus Chromebook that was specifically meant for kids, but don't remember its name exactly. Maybe you can get information on the official website.
I've never really been in the loop with tabs and I could use some help picking one for my kids. I want to get an android so all the apps between our phones can be redownloaded. Something for stuff like Roblox and Minecraft and streaming / Downloading shows, and will stay snappy after a year or so.
My wife bought some cheap Samsung years ago despite me warning her and as expected it was a horrible experience and has sat dead for years now.

Im thinking something that was a flagship from a few years ago would probably be my best bet. Or maybe a newer mid level? I dunno. Looking to spend around $400 CAD but I rekon it will be a little more.
With tablets there the iPad and then nothing that can compete

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
I don't advocate tablets because most of them have high cost and low features. For instance, a decent tab would give you just 32GB storage which is not quite enough. Rather, if you are taking it for your kids and their educational uses, a Chromebook could be of better use. I saw this Asus Chromebook that was specifically meant for kids, but don't remember its name exactly. Maybe you can get information on the official website.

Solution
Apple does not want you to share an iPad, Apple wants everyone to has its own.

https://www.lifewire.com/does-ipad-support-multiple-users-1994241
Multiple people can use an iPad, but it becomes more complicated when some of the users are small children. It's easy enough to childproof an iPad to restrict the ability to download age-inappropriate apps, music, or movies, but those safeguards disable those features for parents as well.

Another problem parents run into is the iPad's insistence on resetting restrictions when you disable them. You'll need to double-check your settings are correct each time you re-enable them (i.e., when the kids want to use it again). It can be impractical if you have set up app restrictions but frequently need to disable them to download an app for yourself.
And on, and on...