Question What's a fair price for my old system?

Bobstrauss

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Silverstone Tek GD07B Aluminum Case
Corsair 750W power supply
MSI-970A-G46 AM3+ Motherboard
AMD FX-6300
2GB GeForce GTX 660 ti
8 GB G.Skills Ripjaws DDR3
Intel 330 180GB SSD

I have no idea what I should list this for.

DSzymborski

Titan
It is in a lot of cases. Usually people looking at PCs this old are looking to replace individual parts for repairs, for example, someone who already had a 6300 or 8320 but their motherboard died and they don't want to do a full upgrade yet. That's not to say you can't get $150-$200 or so from someone looking for a basic budget PC (assuming Windows is genuine), but that market is limited.

USAFRet

Titan
Parting it out leave you with parts that won't sell, except for pennies maybe. Like the GPU and PSU.

That case is pretty neat. Someone will have that. Perfect for a living room HTPC.
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=330&area=en
With a colorful (and truthful!) ad on craigslist, you could probably find someone to give you $150-200 for it.

"Looking to expand your movie possibilities? Here is the perfect low cost system for that.
Low profile case that fits in your current entertainment center. Quiet, HDMI direct to your widescreen TV, blah de blah de blah..."

Ask $225, negotiate down to $150.

Bobstrauss

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Okay - I just listed it in parts:

Silverstone case (scratches on top but looks decent): $75
BDRom & 8GB Ram: $10 each
GeForce 660 ti: $100
PSU: $50
Asus MB & AMD FX 6300: $100

I assume people will negotiate things down a bit, but do you think these are realistically priced?

DSzymborski

Titan
Yeah, if you can get those price, great. But most of those prices are not particularly competitive. In addition to the ones USAFRet mentioned, $50 may be too much for the power supply if that's a CX. If it's a gray-and-black lettered CX, you're treading on the edge of a cost for a new one with a full warranty. You can get a Silver-rated Vengeance or a gray-and-black lettered CX at those wattages around $60. If it's the older crappier one with the green letters, I wouldn't pay half of that for a new one.

What's the motherboard? You said MSI at the top, but Asus a couple posts ago.