What's a fun hobby that's easy to get into?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2018
My ex and I broke up last week after she expressed her desire to sign up for a foreign marriage agency. Now, I just want to focus on moving on and forgetting all about her. I was thinking of taking up a new hobby, but I’m not quite sure what the best one would be. Any suggestions for hobbies that are fun, but easy to get into? I want to do something entertaining and productive with my spare time to keep from thinking about her.

Solution
friend of mine loves to prospect for gold. everywhere he travels he finds places and brings home a few buckets of dirt to pan for gold. i've gone a few times and found it interesting enough. cheap to get into as it only takes a pan and a place to look. there are a ton of places all over that for a small daily fee let you pan all you want.

doesn't hurt that whatever you find can be sold for a decent price. a couple ounces in a day if you're really lucky is not a bad reward for the day's work. of course there are a ton of more sophisticated ways to prospect which takes extra cash but the good old tin pan and a spot on a river bank is still just as viable as it was a hundred years ago :)

Asadumer

Commendable
Mar 14, 2017
it totally depends on your interest, like i 'm RC planes hobbyist, in my free time i use to fly my RC planes in nearby open ground area, you could also go to local rc or hobby store and buy some beginners stuff.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Keeping Tropical fish... I didn't say it was cheap. easy to get into, impossible to escape once you start having enough they can breed and you start selling them back to shops you originally bought fish from.

I miss my fish, I had to choose between them and computers 15 years ago, and well, I am here... so fish didn't win that.

Very relaxing provided you get non violent ones. I used to watch tanks for hours, before i got a PC.

Flouro Flibboflasm

Commendable
Feb 23, 2017
I am out of the business now- but hire a(good) personal trainer to take you to the next level. If done well it also could cause the ladies to swarm to you after ~6 months to a year.

Above all- it probably is a good idea to pick this and/or some of the excellent ideas above that get you away from tech/screens for enough time every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS