Discussion Whats a good fan?

May 14, 2019
Hi so first thread. Im thinking of buying a new cpu fan for my pc. And was wondering if the Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO would be able to handle me overclocking my AMD Fx-6300. I linked my current build. important to note ive never tried overclocking before so im new. Idk what the rules on questions etc are haha let me know! :)
Also unrelated to the topic of overclocking, im planning on gettin better ram;should i buy 2 more 4gb sticks or just buy 2x8gb sticks.

This is my current build -
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/psj4XL

Yes, the Hyper 212 EVO will fit. It is the maximum height allowed at 160mm. If you are using the stock fan/heatsink the Hyper 212 EVO will be an upgrade and will handle some overclocking. The Hyper 212 is the minimum entry-level cooler for overclocking.

Buy a 2x8GB kit to be safe. At some point, you should also consider saving up for a new system.

SHMILY

Great
Mar 1, 2019
hswelectronics.com
But some people have No requirement for computer performance. Like me, I spent $35 to built a pc last week. (G540+H61+4G+120SSD) to see some movies and handle the orders from my site, which is enough for me .
So my suggestion is that you can buya new cooler for your computer but add 2*8GB is not nessaries cause 16Gb is not worth to FX6300.
Sorry for my poor English. :D

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Hi so first thread. Im thinking of buying a new cpu fan for my pc. And was wondering if the Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO would be able to handle me overclocking my AMD Fx-6300. I linked my current build. important to note ive never tried overclocking before so im new. Idk what the rules on questions etc are haha let me know! :)
Also unrelated to the topic of overclocking, im planning on gettin better ram;should i buy 2 more 4gb sticks or just buy 2x8gb sticks.

This is my current build -
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/psj4XL
How much overclocking are you planning to do?

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Gamaxx 400 blows the doors off a Arctic freezer 33, which is worse even than the hyper 212. The gamaxx 400 has almost identical temps to the Cryorig H7 quad Lumi.
I own an Arctic Freezer and the hottest my cpu has gotten is 60° C with one intake fan and it has been proven that the Freezer gives better performance than the 212

Edit: My bad I was talking about the eSports One model not the original Freezer

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador

Nope.
The inclusion of the second fan on the backside of the esports succeeded in 2 things. First, it did as any other 120mm second fan does, and dropped load temps by @ 2-3°C, and secondly, the vacuum draw from the rear fan totally negates any bleed air, which is a major advantage air coolers hold over AIO's, a breeze across the VRM's and other voltage regulatory circuitry surrounding the socket. You'll see higher VRM temps with the Arctic than with a standard hyper212 evo.

Last edited: