What's a Good Gaming Headset?

davidgar026

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
I was planning to get the Logitech G430 because of the surround sound it offers and also its $35. If there are other better suggestions for a gaming headset that are cheap but has great quality then that would be awesome. Also, I play games like BF1, UnknownPlayer'sBattleground, etc. which is why I picked surround sound since it would seem like it would sound great.

Solution
Virtual surround sound is a gimmick in my view, all it does is distort the pitch and tone. Any headset can do this with software like Razer Surround.

Gaming headsets tend to be design over function. At the cheap end you are far better off buying a standard stereo headset with good reviews as it will have better sound quality than a 'gaming' headset.

schaft

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
it just so so headphone. My ear is also not a high demand one, so no use to buy an expensive headset while our ear cannot differentiate the difference. It took all system to be good in order to draw the most of the sound.

Just use what you can afford, the optimize it until you can afford better one.

Heck, I have $1000 home theater system in home and using $2 headset on my office. Since playing BF1 is mostly loud explosion, so even the $2 headphone work just fine.

Virtual surround sound is a gimmick in my view, all it does is distort the pitch and tone. Any headset can do this with software like Razer Surround.

Gaming headsets tend to be design over function. At the cheap end you are far better off buying a standard stereo headset with good reviews as it will have better sound quality than a 'gaming' headset.

Solution

Bretten Mulvany

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
The best set of "gaming" headphones I've had was the astro a40's which I picked up off ebay for like $80 which is a little more than your pricerange , I love them because of how comfortable they are and they also come with a amp which is nice to have for adjusting volume and some audio settings. If you are willing to get them used I would say try that because they are way overpriced on amazon. Headphones like the razer kraken are junk and the pair I had broke in the first 2 months. Pretty much anything you go with will work just make sure that is durable and comfortable.

poppajoe512

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2015
the hyperx cloud stinger are only $49.95 and from what I am reading on reviews are rated a lot better than g430 or turtle beach x12 their higher end cloud II is rated one of the best and the new stinger has most of the same parts for half the price