[SOLVED] What's a good graphics card on a pentium 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2020
Was wondering if how gta iv would look in such a pc, what gpu could be a good option, more specifically, in a Intel Pentium 4 1gbram, 3,0ghz, one pci slot?

Solution
The pc has a Intel processor, currently with 1gb ddr2 of ram, however would like to install 3gbs more of ram, the 64bit version holds up to 8gbs, it currently has an integrated graphics card in the pci express, but would change it for a Nvidia GeForce pci compatible of the 500series or higher of 1-2gb ram, with the current components it has now I tried to see how much it could do so I installed far cry 1 and was able to run it, at very very low settings, gta san andreas ran just well

8GB would be much better. A GTX 460 or better would run GTA4. It comes in both 1 & 2GB varieties. A GTX 650Ti is a slight upgrade from that and depending on where you live may actually be cheaper. I did get it to run on an older Asus GT 440 with...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Was wondering if how gta iv would look in such a pc, what gpu could be a good option, more specifically, in a Intel Pentium 4 1gbram, 3,0ghz, one pci slot?

While GTA 4 will run on a P4, it depends on which P4. Which one do you have? However, with 1GB of DDR (1 or 2) RAM, I doubt the game would even start. Is there ANY possibility of you upgrading or is this a pet project? As for your mobo, which one do you have? PSU? For the cost of a GPU that would run GTA4 and be compatible with your current system, you could almost buy a new(er) system. Whats your max budget and location?

Here is a video and like @USAFRet said, it's little more than a slideshow and this was based around the last P4 CPU, the 641. The video also has 8GB of RAM vs your 1GB.

Reactions: helloworldhello653
Oct 6, 2020
The pc has a Intel processor, currently with 1gb ddr2 of ram, however would like to install 3gbs more of ram, the 64bit version holds up to 8gbs, it currently has an integrated graphics card in the pci express, but would change it for a Nvidia GeForce pci compatible of the 500series or higher of 1-2gb ram, with the current components it has now I tried to see how much it could do so I installed far cry 1 and was able to run it, at very very low settings, gta san andreas ran just well

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

8GB would be much better. A GTX 460 or better would run GTA4. It comes in both 1 & 2GB varieties. A GTX 650Ti is a slight upgrade from that and depending on where you live may actually be cheaper. I did get it to run on an older Asus GT 440 with 1GB RAM, though it wasn't the smoothest.

Far Cry will easily run on a system with 8GB & a 460 or better GPU. (I had an old P4 2.8ghz that I ran it on years & years ago coupled with an old 6800 Ultra which was an 8x AGP card.)

Reactions: helloworldhello653
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS