Whats a good HeatPipe Cooler for a Radeon 9600 PRO an Reco..

Just want to cut as man y fans as i can from my system, thanks.

And will the cooler fit on the new Nvidia and Radeon cards if you know
please tell.

Thanks.

I have heard good things about Zalman heatpipe. Even without a fan, it is
enough for 9600 series. Only on 9700/9800pro series it needs a fan.

"We Live For The One We Die For The One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:j6l990poscsr4u8c96p6ai8o3n9la0ea3d@4ax.com...

> Just want to cut as man y fans as i can from my system, thanks.
>
> And will the cooler fit on the new Nvidia and Radeon cards if you know
> please tell.
>
> Thanks.

bill

In article <5L5lc.81363$BD3.9801469@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @
s t a r t . n o> says...
<I have heard good things about Zalman heatpipe. Even without a fan, it is
<enough for 9600 series. Only on 9700/9800pro series it needs a fan.
<
<snip>

The fanless Zalman ZM80A-HP on my 9700 pro says you are incorrect.

Bill

I was thinking of getting the ZM80X-HP :) even better cooling than
your version and you can get a cool fan that comes with it if you want
to cool a 9800 pro :), ill leave that out as i dont think ill need it
with my 9600 Pro less fans less noise is what iam going for.

Thanks.

On Sun, 2 May 2004 14:17:56 -0700, bill
<spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote:

>In article <5L5lc.81363$BD3.9801469@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @
>s t a r t . n o> says...
><I have heard good things about Zalman heatpipe. Even without a fan, it is
><enough for 9600 series. Only on 9700/9800pro series it needs a fan.
><
><snip>
>
> The fanless Zalman ZM80A-HP on my 9700 pro says you are incorrect.
>
> Bill

Good for you. But many people do use some fan for 9800 9700. I know from
personal experience that it depends much on OC of the card, and case temp.

"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
> In article <5L5lc.81363$BD3.9801469@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t
a r @
> s t a r t . n o> says...
> <I have heard good things about Zalman heatpipe. Even without a fan, it is
> <enough for 9600 series. Only on 9700/9800pro series it needs a fan.
> <
> <snip>
>
> The fanless Zalman ZM80A-HP on my 9700 pro says you are incorrect.
>
> Bill

bill

In article <sowlc.81482$BD3.9832002@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @
s t a r t . n o> says...
<Good for you. But many people do use some fan for 9800 9700. I know from
<personal experience that it depends much on OC of the card, and case temp.
<

Yup, good case cooling is always a benefit and if I overclocked my card
I'd give some thought to adding a fan to blow on it. Runs well enough at
stock freqs, 1280 x 1024 19" TFT, stock 4.4 Omega driver settings and the
eye candy in UT2003/2004, Far Cry, etc. set pretty high to satisfy me.

'Course, running UT2004 spectator mode on one screen and UT2003 on the other
at the same time does put a big crimp in the frame rates. :)

It is quiet though, and after the noisy stock fan, quiet is what I prefer.

Bill

It can have a fan added :), if i need it ill add it, but i dont want
to overclock it anyway if i want a faster Vidcard ill get a 9800 pro
Cheap NOW.

A few more months and theywill be 200 bucks Australian or less.

Thanks.

On Mon, 03 May 2004 18:42:32 GMT, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
.. n o> wrote:

>Good for you. But many people do use some fan for 9800 9700. I know from
>personal experience that it depends much on OC of the card, and case temp.
>
>"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
>> In article <5L5lc.81363$BD3.9801469@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t
>a r @
>> s t a r t . n o> says...
>> <I have heard good things about Zalman heatpipe. Even without a fan, it is
>> <enough for 9600 series. Only on 9700/9800pro series it needs a fan.
>> <
>> <snip>
>>
>> The fanless Zalman ZM80A-HP on my 9700 pro says you are incorrect.
>>
>> Bill

Hey! That's cheating man!!

> In article <sowlc.81482$BD3.9832002@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t
a r @
> s t a r t . n o> says...
> <Good for you. But many people do use some fan for 9800 9700. I know from
> <personal experience that it depends much on OC of the card, and case
temp.
> <
>
> Yup, good case cooling is always a benefit and if I overclocked my card
> I'd give some thought to adding a fan to blow on it. Runs well enough at
> stock freqs, 1280 x 1024 19" TFT, stock 4.4 Omega driver settings and the
> eye candy in UT2003/2004, Far Cry, etc. set pretty high to satisfy me.
>
> 'Course, running UT2004 spectator mode on one screen and UT2003 on the
other
> at the same time does put a big crimp in the frame rates. :)
>
> It is quiet though, and after the noisy stock fan, quiet is what I
prefer.

> Bill

bill

In article <hyGlc.81521$BD3.9842597@juliett.dax.net>, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @
s t a r t . n o> says...
<Hey! That's cheating man!!
<
<
<snip>

}8^)

Bill

Iam going to put a 120mm fan in the side of my PC that will blow air
onto the card and everything else :)

Ill just 12volt it when playing games and 7 volt in when notor off it
:)

On Tue, 4 May 2004 00:42:59 -0700, bill