Question What's a Good i7 7700k Upgrade - AMD or Intel NO preference

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
Hello I just bought a RTX 3090, But I never upgraded my CPU, or anything else.. I'm starting to think its time.. Whats a good prcessor AMD or intel?
My AMD Knowledge is very very limited.. I would like to learn more & I have been out of the Tech loop for the last few years so I lost track of whats relevant.. Any suggestions on upgrading my i7 7700k.. BTW the CPU still does everything great I only play agames at 4k 60fps & I have 32GB DDR4.. thank you ALso my PSU is 1000w EVGA P2.. Thank you in advance.

Hello I just bought a RTX 3090, But I never upgraded my CPU, or anything else.. I'm starting to think its time.. Whats a good prcessor AMD or intel?
My AMD Knowledge is very very limited.. I would like to learn more & I have been out of the Tech loop for the last few years so I lost track of whats relevant.. Any suggestions on upgrading my i7 7700k.. BTW the CPU still does everything great I only play agames at 4k 60fps & I have 32GB DDR4.. thank you ALso my PSU is 1000w EVGA P2.. Thank you in advance.
There is no useful direct upgrade. A minimum a new MB and processor for next to last generation and also RAM for latest. Next question would be about budget because ther are too many options.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS