Question What's a Good i7 7700k Upgrade - AMD or Intel NO preference

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
Hello I just bought a RTX 3090, But I never upgraded my CPU, or anything else.. I'm starting to think its time.. Whats a good prcessor AMD or intel?
My AMD Knowledge is very very limited.. I would like to learn more & I have been out of the Tech loop for the last few years so I lost track of whats relevant.. Any suggestions on upgrading my i7 7700k.. BTW the CPU still does everything great I only play agames at 4k 60fps & I have 32GB DDR4.. thank you ALso my PSU is 1000w EVGA P2.. Thank you in advance.

Hello I just bought a RTX 3090, But I never upgraded my CPU, or anything else.. I'm starting to think its time.. Whats a good prcessor AMD or intel?
My AMD Knowledge is very very limited.. I would like to learn more & I have been out of the Tech loop for the last few years so I lost track of whats relevant.. Any suggestions on upgrading my i7 7700k.. BTW the CPU still does everything great I only play agames at 4k 60fps & I have 32GB DDR4.. thank you ALso my PSU is 1000w EVGA P2.. Thank you in advance.
There is no useful direct upgrade. A minimum a new MB and processor for next to last generation and also RAM for latest. Next question would be about budget because ther are too many options.