Question What's a good internal SSD for an Asus Sabertooth X58?

Dec 6, 2022
My motherboard is an old ASUS Sabertooth X58. I'd like to get a new internal SSD for it - looking to get at least 2TB storage and good speed. Also want to make sure I get one that isn't designed to offer much more than my motherboard would actually allow.

Current HD is a 300GB Seagate STL320LM010 ATA with Windows 10, so it's definitely time for an upgrade. Any recommendations are appreciated!

USAFRet

Titan
My motherboard is an old ASUS Sabertooth X58. I'd like to get a new internal SSD for it - looking to get at least 2TB storage and good speed. Also want to make sure I get one that isn't designed to offer much more than my motherboard would actually allow.

Current HD is a 300GB Seagate STL320LM010 ATA with Windows 10, so it's definitely time for an upgrade. Any recommendations are appreciated!
2.5" format SATA III SSD.

Samsung 860 EVO or Crucial MX500

ErickParker

Prominent
Dec 30, 2021
My suggestion would be that you migrate the operating system and installed programs to a Crucial MX500 500Gb SSD and keep your files on another SSD or even an HDD.
My choice would be another 1TB or 2TB Crucial from the MX500 range. Keeping the operating system and programs on a dedicated SSD has its advantages.
You can save, for example, an image on the larger SSD and restore it when needed.

Either of the 2 ssd's that have been mentioned.

Make sure you connect it to the proper sata port on the mobo.

TRENDING THREADS