What's a good low cost video card for connecting a computer to a HDTV.

Repo523

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
I am trying to connect my computer to my t.v, and I have attempted the Geforce 7600 GS, and no beans, because at the time the 7600 was manufactured it doesn't support the conversion. I have also heard that the 8600 has the same problem. I am trying to connect via Dvi to HDMi cord, not through an adapter, but through a cord that has DVI on one end and HDMI on the other. I would appreciate a list of options, but mainly I am looking for the cheapest option.

flabbergasted

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

I don't know what you mean when you write "I have attempted the Geforce 7600 GS, and no beans, because at the time the 7600 was manufactured it doesn't support the conversion", I have a Geforce 7600 GT connected to a Samsung HDTV and it works great. I'm guessing that maybe when you connected the tv to the video card you got a message like, "mode not supported" or "out of range". If that is the case, you'll need to first connect the PC to a regular computer monitor. With the monitor connected, set the screen resolution to what is supported in the HDTV 1920 x 1080, 1360 x 768 or 800 x 600. Once done reconnect the PC to the HDTV.

If you really want to just get a new card I recommend the MSI 4350. I connected it to my other HDTV using HDMI and use it to view Blu-ray movies.

Repo523

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009

Yeah, the manufacture idea didn't come from me it came from the manufacturer EVGA. I have tried everything possible with this card, and my last try I called EVGA and customer service there explained it to me.