[SOLVED] whats a good mid tier liquid cooler for i7 8700k

Oct 23, 2018
just wondering cause ive had a air cooler with it for sometime now and im going to upgrade and i was wondering what liquid cooler i should get, thanks in advance

Solution
With the 8700k you don't go mid-tier on cooling unless you have absolutely no intention of overclocking. Generally speaking the only AIOs worth getting for an 8700k are ones with a radiator 240mm or larger. Which air cooler do you have right now? If it's a high end air cooler, then an AIO is only going to be a sidegrade at best in terms of cooling performance and there is little reason to get one outside of aesthetics or clearance issues.
With the 8700k you don't go mid-tier on cooling unless you have absolutely no intention of overclocking. Generally speaking the only AIOs worth getting for an 8700k are ones with a radiator 240mm or larger. Which air cooler do you have right now? If it's a high end air cooler, then an AIO is only going to be a sidegrade at best in terms of cooling performance and there is little reason to get one outside of aesthetics or clearance issues.

Solution
Oct 23, 2018

yeah my case fits up to 280mm i was wondering what a good one will be cause i wanna try and do some overclocking

Yes. I have it at 4.6GHz. Mines a 4790K though. So it runs hotter per MHz than the 8700K. Keeps it in the 60's most of the time when I'm doing something like gaming for example. My 4790K also runs hot. It really needs delidded. Certain games like Battlefield 1 put it into the lower 70's. But I don't blame my cooler. Rather the CPU needs delidded.

Oct 23, 2018

alright thanks for the help man have a good day

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
MERGED QUESTION
Question from codystlouis : "looking for a liquid cooler"

Any of them are decent, and large enough to handle that cpu at 280mm, but the question is budget. You could use something like the Evga clc 280 @$100 and add a couple of RGB TT Ring fans or others, depending on the exact look you want, or go with the $160 TT Ring 280 Platinum etc.

MERGED QUESTION
Question from codystlouis : "8700k liquid cooler for my case"

Looks count.

Oct 23, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from codystlouis : "8700k liquid cooler for my case"

i need a liquid cooler around 100-125$ that fits my case and that is http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/masterbox-5-...
thanks in advance im not to good at this stuff

TRENDING THREADS