Question What's a good stealth, high airflow case for media PC in living room

TheBasementNerd

Reputable
May 26, 2015
I have a Home Theater PC in my living room that's designed to hold my entire media library, and stream games off my Gaming PC from upatairs. Its built out of my spare parts, and one of those is an old case with almost no airflow or proper ventilation, and my CPU runs at 75°-80° when doing literally anything because it can't seem to get good air no matter how many fans. Tax returns are coming in, so I figured I'd ask the question: What's a stealthy, black, good-airflow case to use for my media PC. Only limitation is I have about 7.5 inches width on the floor to place it, bonus points for noise dampening

TheBasementNerd

Reputable
May 26, 2015
190mm give or take is stiff. Most cases are @ 210mm or better, figure 8.5" or more wide.
Case: Inwin - 301C Black MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($82.00 @ Amazon)

For silence, I'd be looking at a good 240mm AIO (not the Corsair h100!) like nzxt Kraken x52 or Evga CLC240 or the new corsair h100i pro as they run extremely quiet to silent under normal usage

I feel the RGB LEDs kinda ruins the whole point idea of stealth, lol. I want it to be unnoticed as bright obvious lights would kinda ruin the experience of watching movies and such. However I might, if it fits, take this for my actual gaming desktop and use the gaming case down here, because my current case on the gaming is an all black Cooler Master HAF with minimal lights

Do you have any other suggestions in the meantime?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You don't have to turn on, or can turn off any lighting, on any case that doesn't have LED fans as LED fans are powered by the same power as the fan. To have total stealth, you'll need to need a solid side case, which is what you'll get with most cheapo cases.