Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Good day,

I'm currently looking for a pair of TRUE 7.1 surround sound headphones not one of those virtual 7.1 headphones that comes with BS software. I want something that is just plug and play, no BS software. Also, I prefer wired ones and ones that comes from a reliable and reputable brand....I don't want those "gaming" type of headphones those are just marketing BS. Looking for crisp and pure excellent audio quality. And of course, I'm looking for comfy headphones, I hate headphones with leather earcups, they tend to/ get itchy when the weather gets warm and hot. I want to something that I can comfortably wear during long computer sessions.

THANKS!

Solution
If you don't want leather/vinyl pads, Philips Fidelio X2HR are good for the price. As above, multi-driver headphones don't really do anything better than standard ones. The cheaper Philips SHP9500 are also good and I think are one of the top 2-3 comfortable headphones. They don't sound quite as good as the Fidelio but are are a good deal easier to wear for longer.

If you have a higher budget there are other options, like the higher end Sennheiser's, but that depends on how much you were looking to spend.
7.1 in headphones is 100% <Mod Edit>.
I had those razer tiamat's a few years ago with 5 drivers in each ear, and they 7.1 either didn't do anything or was slightly disorienting.
According to a video testing the actual capability of spotting things in a 360 degree by just sound using 7.1 headphones, they found virtual 7.1 to be a few precent better than a few "real" (multiple driver) headset, but what they also found, is that it was almost the exact same level of spotting as a normal stereo headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't want leather/vinyl pads, Philips Fidelio X2HR are good for the price. As above, multi-driver headphones don't really do anything better than standard ones. The cheaper Philips SHP9500 are also good and I think are one of the top 2-3 comfortable headphones. They don't sound quite as good as the Fidelio but are are a good deal easier to wear for longer.

If you have a higher budget there are other options, like the higher end Sennheiser's, but that depends on how much you were looking to spend.

Solution