Question What's better between these 2 MOBO's?

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
GPU - Zotac 2080 AMP! Extreme
SSD - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB
CPU - i9 9900k
PSU - Corsair RMX 850w
RAM - Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 16GB Kit 4000mhz
MOBO - Aorus Master or Aorus Ultra
COOLER - NZXT Kraken x72
Those are my specs and the total price is about $3k nzd. Are those 2 motherboards any good, if they are what one is better? If not what motherboard would you recommend?
Oh and if there are any other specs you would change, lemme know ;)

Thanks in Advance,
Fate05

Colif

Win 11 Master
They pretty similar

Master has ESS SABRE 9118 DAC inn Audio, Ultra doesn't

the Ultra back panel line out jack supports DSD audio. , on the Master its the front panel line out that does this.

Internal connectors

The ultra has
1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector

whereas the Master has
2 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connectors

Ultra has:
2 x digital LED strip headers
2 x digital LED strip power select jumpers

whereas Master has
2 x Addressable LED strip headers
2 x Addressable LED strip power select jumpers

Master also has
1 x OC button
1 x reset button
2 x BIOS switches
Voltage Measurement Points

Backpanel

The backpanel on the Master has additional choices such as:
1 x Power/Reset button
1 x Clear CMOS button

They almost exactly same board, they share so many features, above just lists the differences, The Master is more designed for overclocking and they have different support for lighting systems. Which is better depends on if you value those things,

Ultra
Master

Last edited:
Reactions: Fate05

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
They pretty similar

Master has ESS SABRE 9118 DAC inn Audio, Ultra doesn't

the Ultra back panel line out jack supports DSD audio. , on the Master its the front panel line out that does this.

Internal connectors

The ultra has
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector

whereas the Master has
2 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connectors

Ultra has:
2 x digital LED strip headers
2 x digital LED strip power select jumpers

whereas Master has
2 x Addressable LED strip headers
2 x Addressable LED strip power select jumpers

Master also has
1 x OC button
1 x reset button
2 x BIOS switches
Voltage Measurement Points

Backpanel

The backpanel on the Master has additional choices such as:
1 x Power/Reset button
1 x Clear CMOS button

They almost exactly same board, they share so many features, above just lists the differences, The Master is more designed for overclocking and they have different support for lighting systems. Which is better depends on if you value those things,

Ultra
Master

Hey thanks man. If I wanted the best of the best what one would you say? I might OC my CPU to 4.9/5 gz so want that availability and I also want whatever one is just overall better

Colif

Win 11 Master
Master has more features, most of them support overclocking. It also has a DAC which the Ultra doesn't, so better sound. I would likely get the Master even if I didn't use all the extra features,

look? as in appearance? i think they probably look about same since they essentially the same board.

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Master has more features, most of them support overclocking. It also has a DAC which the Ultra doesn't, so better sound. I would likely get the Master even if I didn't use all the extra features,

look? as in appearance? i think they probably look about same since they essentially the same board.

Hey man. I have looked over all my parts and have changed a few things. I am getting a 9700k instead of a 9900k because it is just extra money for hyoerthreading which I won't even use and I changed my RAM speed to 3600mhz because it doesn't effect gaming so why spend more money than needed... So you still reckon the Master for the better Wi-Fi and the better Audio?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hey man. I have looked over all my parts and have changed a few things. I am getting a 9700k instead of a 9900k because it is just extra money for hyoerthreading which I won't even use and I changed my RAM speed to 3600mhz because it doesn't effect gaming so why spend more money than needed... So you still reckon the Master for the better Wi-Fi and the better Audio?

I don't know if
Master. For a 9900k, you'll need the extra EPS when overclocking.

helps with the 9700k as well, but it can't hurt. I would get the Master still.