what's better for gaming and performance?

Welly_Mukhtar

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
So i'm planning to buy a new GPU but too hard to choose ...
planned to buy EVGA gtx 4gb or MSI twin frozer gtx 960 4gb
Me personally i've heard that EVGA's GPU are one of the best.
what's better for gaming and good quality and cooling etc ...

Solution
The EVGA is a tiny tiny miniscule amount quicker (I assume you're talking about the SSC ACX 2.0+ as it's the one priced the same as the MSI) with a 38Mhz higher base and boost core speed, both the ACX 2.0+ and Twin Frozr V are awesome coolers and both can turn the fans off completely at low loads.

My completely objective opinion is that the MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G looks better and you should get it.

Oh, the EVGA also has a backplate.

anti-duck

Honorable
The EVGA is a tiny tiny miniscule amount quicker (I assume you're talking about the SSC ACX 2.0+ as it's the one priced the same as the MSI) with a 38Mhz higher base and boost core speed, both the ACX 2.0+ and Twin Frozr V are awesome coolers and both can turn the fans off completely at low loads.

My completely objective opinion is that the MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G looks better and you should get it.

Oh, the EVGA also has a backplate.

Solution

K4TE

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Both are using a GPU made by nvidia. And while they do build the circuit boards, usually it's form the same parts suppliers.

Sometimes there is 'binning' of the GPU's, saving the better performing GPU's (silicon lottery) for the OC and superclocked versions of a card. And some companies are better at binning than others. Also some companies have better quality control.

I've had both MSI and EVGA cards fry on me. More than one of each actually. In my experience EVGA is not better made. If the price is the same, i'd go with the EVGA though for the extra overclock... or whichever has the better warranty... or check youtube for noise comparisons :p

Personally I'm delighted with my Gigabyte G1 Gaming. Runs very cool, never gets too loud, OC's like a boss (good binning i think), and seems well built. Granted, i've only owned it for 7 months, so I can't speak to how well it holds up over time.

K4TE

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

This is true. It's what I use. It's wonderful for all your 1080p needs. Even makes ARK Survival Evolved playable on high settings (early access game, no optimization at all yet, it tortures my friend's GTX 770 even on low settings). Bought at Microcenter with their $50 2 year return warranty *wiggles eyebrows*.