• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] What's better for low-end web development (mobile processor)

Apr 6, 2020
Hi! I am getting a low-end laptop for me to use when I go away from my home, or to relax elsewhere rather than my desktop. I was wondering, would a 4 core 1.8GHz processor be better than I 2 core at 2.1 GHz, I'm pretty sure it is the 4 core because it is a better multitasker and the clock speeds are barely different, but would the 2 core processor still be sufficient, or would I have to remote desktop my main PC to work on a website?

Furzumz

Proper
May 28, 2020
It is not an Intel or AMD, so there is probably no benchmarks on them, they are processors produced by ARM.
I see

I'm not a expert so take what I say with a grain of salt but I would assume the 4 core is going to be faster.

However, if its a much older processor compared to the two core processor it might not be better. A newer dual core processor could possibly outperform a much older 4 core processor.

Do you have a link for the two laptops?

Furzumz

Proper
May 28, 2020
It is not an Intel or AMD, so there is probably no benchmarks on them, they are processors produced by ARM.
I see

I'm not a expert so take what I say with a grain of salt but I would assume the 4 core is going to be faster.

However, if its a much older processor compared to the two core processor it might not be better. A newer dual core processor could possibly outperform a much older 4 core processor.

Apr 6, 2020
I see

The processors were made in the same year, so I'm going to get the 4 core processor. Thanks!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS