[SOLVED] What's better for low-end web development (mobile processor)

Basinho0211

Prominent
Apr 6, 2020
Hi! I am getting a low-end laptop for me to use when I go away from my home, or to relax elsewhere rather than my desktop. I was wondering, would a 4 core 1.8GHz processor be better than I 2 core at 2.1 GHz, I'm pretty sure it is the 4 core because it is a better multitasker and the clock speeds are barely different, but would the 2 core processor still be sufficient, or would I have to remote desktop my main PC to work on a website?

Solution
It is not an Intel or AMD, so there is probably no benchmarks on them, they are processors produced by ARM.

I see

I'm not a expert so take what I say with a grain of salt but I would assume the 4 core is going to be faster.

However, if its a much older processor compared to the two core processor it might not be better. A newer dual core processor could possibly outperform a much older 4 core processor.

Do you have a link for the two laptops?

Furzumz

Reputable
It is not an Intel or AMD, so there is probably no benchmarks on them, they are processors produced by ARM.

I see

I'm not a expert so take what I say with a grain of salt but I would assume the 4 core is going to be faster.

However, if its a much older processor compared to the two core processor it might not be better. A newer dual core processor could possibly outperform a much older 4 core processor.

Solution

Basinho0211

Prominent
Apr 6, 2020
I see

The processors were made in the same year, so I'm going to get the 4 core processor. Thanks!