[SOLVED] What's better for me FreeSync or Gsync?

Aug 23, 2019
Keep it to 1 thread
What's better for me FreeSync or Gsync? I am running an Intel i9-9000k and an RTX 2080 TI. Also, can you recommend me a good 1440p at least 144hz monitor that is preferably, but doesn’t have to be, curved, with Gsync or FreeSync, whichever would be better for me? The budget would be a max of 500 dollars.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
if you have a rtx 2080ti, your first option must be a gsync compatible monitor or tv

few freesync tvs and monitors will work as well as a gsync certified monitor

there are some high end monitors with freesync that also will work with that gpu as a gsync monitor, but there are some reports of not perfect functioning, flickering and black screens that come and go

Aug 23, 2019
if you have a rtx 2080ti, your first option must be a gsync compatible monitor or tv

few freesync tvs and monitors will work as well as a gsync certified monitor

there are some high end monitors with freesync that also will work with that gpu as a gsync monitor, but there are some reports of not perfect functioning, flickering and black screens that come and go
Ok, can you find me a Gsync monitor with the things I wanted?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
He said first option, not only option. So no, not entirely false.

For OP: https://lmgtfy.com/?q=27+inch+g+sync+144hz

Also, you can check out the list of Freesync(VRR) monitors that are Gsync compatible.
there is people like that everywhere, i wrote 2 phrases only and he found a way to declare i was wrong for giving the most secure option first and basically claim i never gave a second

i personally had only great experiences with lg monitors but very few of them are gsync

most of the monitors the op wants are made by samsung, well, at l east the ones i would buy

Aug 23, 2019
I want a new monitor and need help in finding a good one. I want it to have G-Sync not just "G-Sync Compatible", be 2560x1440, be at least 144hz, and have a maximum price of 500$. Second, I have another question, what is variable overdrive, and does it matter, because I found a monitor that fits all of these requirements, but it says it doesn't have Variable Overdrive?