[SOLVED] What's bottlenecking my system?

Jun 21, 2021
I'm finding that my framerate on certain newer games is pretty low. Lower than I feel it should be with the hardware I currently have. My thoughts after looking over everything would be that my motherboard needs to be updated to something more current, as I believe mine was manufactured back in 2013.

Current Hardware:
CPU: Intel i7 4790K
GPU: EVGA 2070
MOBO: Gigabyte X97X Gaming-3
RAM: 32GB of DDR3 (Can't remember the brand off the top of my head. Pretty sure the speed for each stick is 1333)
PSU: Corsair 80+ Gold 750W
Storage: 1TB M.2 drive for my OS, 2 TB SSD for my games

I ran the UserBenchmark test and it said that my CPU and GPU were only in the 25th percentile and scored way under expectations, despite still being decently rated hardware components individually.

Any insight or suggestions would be helpful. Later tonight I can post a screenshot from Speccy if needed.

Solution
Can you share the userbenchmark public link to the results.

The cpu is likely showing it’s age in modern games, 4 core 8 thread is the bare minimum for some with 6 core 12 threads being the best performance/price ratio. You have the best cpu for your motherboard and upgrading the motherboard to another supporting your cpu is not going to increase performance. To upgrade the cpu you are also going to need a new motherboard and DDR4 RAM. If the PSU is also from 2013 you should upgrade that too instead of risking new hardware on an aging psu.

The cpu is likely showing it’s age in modern games, 4 core 8 thread is the bare minimum for some with 6 core 12 threads being the best performance/price ratio. You have the best cpu for your motherboard and upgrading the motherboard to another supporting your cpu is not going to increase performance. To upgrade the cpu you are also going to need a new motherboard and DDR4 RAM. If the PSU is also from 2013 you should upgrade that too instead of risking new hardware on an aging psu.

Solution
Jun 16, 2021
Do You mean Your GPU and CPU are utilized only in 25% or it sayed Your average RIG score is in average 25% of users ?

If You just did way less points than expected I think it's more software problem - maybe benchmark itself -> some settings ? Maybe drivers (or settings there) ? Did You run test on all cores ?
If You mean what is bottlenecking Your RIG in general - i would say it's slightly CPU.

Jun 21, 2021

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44015061

This was run yesterday after making sure all drivers were up to date. The age of the CPU is definitely something that's crossed my mind, but I was hoping that it didn't need to be replaced.