Question What's causing blinking monitor ?

svat

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
Hello guys,

I have 2 monitors. one is some gaming aoc 144hz and second is old 60hz 21" vga monitor. The old monitor have old vga cable and monitor is blinking and changing shades to green and pink, idk if its cable or monitor panel but i know its not gpu because i had this problem in previous build with same monitor and main monitor doesnt blink. My question is if old blinking monitor with possibly damaged vga cable can damage my GPU or other monitor ?

btw im asking because second monitor is useful for me and i dont want turning it off

ty for answes

Lutfij

Titan
You can try and replace the VGA cable and see if the issue is removed. If the monitor exhibits the same issue as stated above on a donor system(connected as a main display to donor system) then the issue is with the monitor's driver board/panel and is in need of replacement(RMA or repair).

svat

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for answers but i dont want to invest to that monitor anymore, its old and its second monitor so it doesnt bother me im just making sure it cant damage my gpu or other monitor.
Just want to know if it can damage my gpu or other monitor or parts in pc.