[SOLVED] Whats causing blue screens windows 7

Apr 7, 2020
So i decided to built an affordable pc and i got alla the parts new but i used an old hard drive from an old laptop.the problem im having is that when i try to install windows everything is fine up until thenfirst restart where the bootable usb isnt needed anymore.
What i get each time is a blue screen error tha either restart instantly or just stays like that and it has a different error name or code its time
In the bios everything is detected and running smoothly my ram my cpu and tue hdd
However i think its the hdd thats causing the problems but before i buy anything i wamt to hear opinions from more experienced people
Thanks fornyour answers

Solution
Yeah thas what i thinkill do.
Yes its a very old mechanical hdd that i was only going to use temporerally until i could afford an ssd.
Im like 99% sure its the hdd because whem i connect an hdd from one of my newer laptops it boots into windows fine but i wamt to be 100% its the hdd what do you think?
Can you boot into Windows with both the newer drive and old HDD connected? If yes, download and install a program called "Hard Disk Sentinel" to test the health of your old drive.

bandicam%2B2019-03-25%2B13-38-19-027.jpg
Apr 7, 2020
These parts should work together without any problem. Is the old hard drive mechanical? You would be much happier using an inexpensive SSD with these modern parts in any case.
Yes its a very old mechanical hdd that i was only going to use temporerally until i could afford an ssd.
Im like 99% sure its the hdd because whem i connect an hdd from one of my newer laptops it boots into windows fine but i wamt to be 100% its the hdd what do you think?

Can you boot into Windows with both the newer drive and old HDD connected? If yes, download and install a program called "Hard Disk Sentinel" to test the health of your old drive.

Solution
Apr 7, 2020

Someone in onther forum tod me that windows 7 isnt compatible with ryzen cpus
So im going to try and install linuc and see if that works for now.
Your advice is greatly appreciated