Question What's causing low Fps ?

Nov 20, 2020
Hi guys, recently I replaced my old GTX660ti with brand new GTX1660ti, I play demanding games such as Metro Exodus, RDR2, Horizon:Zero Dawn, Mafia and etc, on Ultra Settings, getting 54-62 FPS on the average, which feels pretty smooth and I got very disappointed when I tried to test out Ryse-Son of Rome, and I got around 40 Fps, even on low settings. any idea what might be an issue? (CPU i7-3770 3.4Ghz, RAM 16GB DDR3)

P.S currenty I m using old philips monitor, which supports 1366x768 resolution max, I know its not good enough for ma GPU, so I tried to use TV screen with HDMI cable fr a while, and got significantly better performance, I havent tried TV monitor for Ryse yet, but can this combo of low resolution monitor and better GPU be a problem for particular games? I used to play Ryse on high FPS (medium settings) on my old GPU, and I m really confused now
Thank you in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Please include your full system's specs and include the age of your PSU and it's make and model, not just it's wattage. Also, your platform being old, can be a reason, apart from a bad PSU unable to deliver power to all components when taxed, probably even a corruption with your OS.