Question What's causing my build to fail?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 8, 2019
CPU: i7 4790K
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED
GPU: PALIT GTX 1070 JetStream 8GB
RAM: 8GB Hyper-X Fury DDR3 1866MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97x Gaming GT
PSU: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 550W
Case: Cooler Master E500L
STORAGE: 64GB SDD for the system + 1TB SAMSUNG HDD

Some of the components aren't new because of my low budget :(
What can it be causing me to lag in some games like PUBG? ( I can't event spawn in a match until everyone is already in the plane or sometimes it's until the plane reaches the end of the map + It always freezes in the middle of skydiving and when I open the inventory to loot )

MSI afterburner stats in the menu:
az5aQMH.jpg

MSI afterburner stats during gameplay:
3Vibg9N.jpg

I'm running the game at very low - 1920*1080
I'm not overclocking anything!
I tried other games and I get various problems as well.

I am using my PC for gaming and editing videos. I also get render issues in Premiere Pro and After Effects and sometimes the program crashes in the middle of working on a project.

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yea its a dilemma because games are still on the 5400 drive and also the ssd isn't big enough for a pagefile that will grow in these types of games. Windows can already consume between 1.5~3GB ram so that doesn't leave much and especially having an gtx1070, vram too does circulate through ram and if not enough ram can add to the pagefile telly, it can get quite big. It's not working for you either way, need to decide what to buy to improve your system. Another ssd would help to move games and pagefile on, and another 8GB ram would also be a great help with the pagefile size problem. Sorry to confuse you, priority number 1 is to get your games off the 5400 drive on to a faster hdd/or ssd.