Question What's causing my PC to microstutter?

Apr 12, 2020
PC Specs:
Geforce RTX 2080 Founders Edition | GPU
Intel i7-8700k | CPU
Vengeance 32 Gigabyte DDR4 3200MHz | RAM
600w | PSU
Seagate 4tb | Hard Drive
Asus Z390-A Prime | Motherboard
Samsung 970 EVO+ 250GB | SSD
iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm | CPU Cooler

The stutter happens all the time, whether its browsing the internet, watching a video, or playing a game on any graphics, and I've only had the PC for about a year and a half. I have reset the PC and reinstalled windows multiple times.

When I first turn the PC on the stuttering only happens rarely like once every 10 minutes. Over the course of the day it gets worse and worse to the point where it is unbearable, I'm talking 3-4 seconds of a completely frozen screen every 20 seconds. If i look at fps counters in video games I go from 144 fps down to 1 fps, then back up to 144 like nothing happened. While the screen is frozen the PC won't take any mouse or keyboard input as in if I type something and it stutters, it will wait till its stops stuttering to write what I typed before. So far I have tried sending it to a repair place, but they didn't fix anything. Then I tried fixing it myself but after replacing the PSU, CPU, GPU, RAM, Motherboard, CPU Cooler, and SSD, the problem still persists. I practically have a completely different pc than the one I started with. I also tried with different Wifi/ Ethernet and on a different wall plug . The only things I have not exchanged are things such as pc case, and RGB lights, but I don't think those are the causes. There might be a fault cable but I want to check if anyone knows anything that can fix this issue before I have to replace every single cable in my pc just to find out the problem persists.

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance during the course of the day from "boot" to "unbearable".

Open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor (use both but only one at time).

Leave window open but drag to one side. A second monitor (if available) may make the observation process easier.

Watch what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using the resource.

Also check Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that may be being captured.

What make and model is the current 600 watt PSU? Age, condition?