[SOLVED] What's causing my PC to shutdown at random?

Aug 19, 2019
I only just now made an account on this website to finally make a post of my own! I built my first ever PC in February of this year and pretty much since day one my computer has had issues with random instant shutdowns, meaning no BSoD, just straight to a blank output and my PC would restart. I cannot believe that I've just tried 'dealing with it' for 6 months now!

My build is as follows:
MB: Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming
RAM: 2 x 4gb = 8gb of DDR5 ( I know I need more lol)
GPU: (I think this may be the issue) GTX 1060 3gb
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
PSU: CoolerMaster 650 Watt Bronze (semi-modular)

If there are any other parts I forgot to include in this list could you please remind me what I'm missing, thanks!
Anyway, it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing on my computer when it reboots it will happen after playing Overwatch for 3 hours, it can happen almost as soon as I open up chrome after logging in and occasionally it happens before I even get the chance to log in. I've checked my device for viruses multiple times so I'm pretty sure it isn't that, I've updated my drivers to their most recent updates before and the issue persisted. I've tested my RAM multiple time as well and received no errors, system stability tests never seem to do anything either.

and I've read so many of these posts before so I'll say this right now, it is probably not my PSU despite what I've described as I replaced my old PSU which was a 550W non-modular one so I'm happy I upgraded anyway but the restarts are still happening so I doubt I got two faulty PSU's in a row.

Please anyone who might know anything about my situation help me! I am so desperate at this point! (and can someone tell me if there is a way of testing my VRAM for errors like normal RAM?)

Solution
Power errors seems like a psu issue. Masterwatts are not great quality either.

You could run MEMtestx86 and see if it passes.

Rey clearing cmos and reinstalling drivers.
Aug 19, 2019
Not sure if anyone knows how this application works or what the error codes might mean, but I just downloaded 'Video Memory Stress Test' and it was not able to pass any tests trying memtestg80 now to see how that goes!