[SOLVED] What's causing PC shutdowns ?

ThePloofyness

Reputable
Dec 17, 2016
So i was originally gonna call it "Random shut downs" but i have sort of found a pattern and don't really know what to do with that information. So my PC likes to completely shut down under certain conditions.

1. I have a vape i like to plug into the USB 3.0 port on the case to charge it. However when i do, PC shuts off.
  2. I have a Scarlett 2i2 audio interface. Plug it in, shuts off.
  3. Run a semi intense game, shuts off.
Now i've ruled out over heating as an issue. Simply nothing gets hot enough to cause concern. Honestly i'm on the fence about it being a driver issue or a hardware issue. I've looked at my outdated drivers and the PCI drivers were out of date and have been updated. The USB drivers are up to date. Furthermore the connections on the motherboard and the modular power supply have been checked and re seated. I have no idea what to do next. Help would be appreciated.

SPECS
CPU: amd ryzen 5 3600
GPU: PNY geforce 1060 3gb
Motherboard: ASUS TUF X570-plus
Power supply: Modular Coolermaster 650w Gold
RAM: Corsair 8g x2
Case: Corsair - ICUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX mid-tower smart case
Storage: 1x HDD 1T, 1x SSD samsung 500GB
HDD has OS on it.

Thanks

ThePloofyness

Reputable
Dec 17, 2016
What is the exact model for your CoolerMaster PSU? Also, what's the age of the unit? Can you check and see which BIOS version you're on at the moment? On the topic of your OS, which version are you working with?
Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 Watt Fully Modular, Compact, Silent Fan 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply, MPY-6501-AFAAG-US

OS build 18363.1198

BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 1405, 11/19/2019