Question What's causing PC to boot to auto repair

Dec 11, 2022
hello. hoping to get a little help on a windows 10 machine. its my daughters and she said she was playing GTA when her screen turned green and then shut off. now its stuck in the auto repair loop. Due to what she said I suspected maybe the gpu going bad so I switched to onboard graphics and get the same result. she did have the case sitting on the floor so psu was venting to carpet, so maybe bad PSU?

But would it even boot up at all with a bad psu? I do have a spare ill try tomorrow. just trying to get on the right track. also, if I try to do a reset its asking me for a password which I dont remember setting and dont remember having to use do do a reset before.

TIA

Dec 11, 2022
sound like the crash corrupted the os.
download a new windows iso from MS website to a flash drive. and try a repair from that

could be hdd/ssd issue too
how full it is? how old it is?

So upon further review, looks like her system SSD is completely full. I tried to repair from ISO with no luck. Anything else I can try before I fresh install?

Dec 11, 2022
if it completely full. is there anything can be delete?
could go to command prompt and delete something

I'm sure there are things that can be deleted. I am not familiar with deleting things from command prompt, so could you point me towards a guide on how it's done?

Is it a thing that a drive can get to full and not be able to boot anymore?

This morning I also tried to boot to safe mode and it did not work. Just went back to the automatic repair screen.

Also, is there a way to try to boot that OS hard drive from my laptop, or just plug it in to be able to see the contents?