Question What's causing system freezes ?

Aug 4, 2021
Hi,
Since getting new PSU, mainboard, RAM and CPU my system often freezes for about 1 to 15 seconds. Happens for about 3-15 seconds when in game or for 1-5 seconds when clicking something in chrome or win explorer when game is opened in background.
mainboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti
RAM: G.Skill F4-2400C15-8GTZRX (16 GB)
PSU: Cooler Master Power PC ATX GX RS-550-ACAA-D3 550W 80 Plus Bronze SATA

Temperatures and workload of CPU and GPU seem fine.
Chkdsk did not find problems.
No virus. No unnecessary programs.
Unplugging all usb devices except for mouse and keyboard did not help.
Crystaldiscinfo showing no problems for the drives.

What could be the cause and how to find out and fix?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What were you specs prior to the upgrade? Might want to also mention if you reinstalled the OS after the motherboard change...? If not, you're advised to fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and then reinstalling the OS afresh on the storage drive. You're also advised to make sure your BIOS for the motherboard is up to date prior the OS reinstall.

Aug 4, 2021
I have now updated chipset-drivers and BIOS-version, deactivated some unnecessary programs in start up, tested SMART values of drives, run memtest and increased swap file size.
Now besides the old long freezes i am getting microstuttering in game, that is many very short freezes plus 2 times in an hour maybe i got a black screen and no sound with pc still running forcing me to hard reset. Event viewer is not showing anything related to it as far as i can tell. Any ideas? What to do?

TRENDING THREADS