What's going on with EVGA and the GTX 1060 FTW2+ and other 1060 cards?

Apr 19, 2018
Does anyone have any insight into what's going on with the GTX 1060 FTW2+ and other ICX cooled 1060 cards from EVGA? I've been trying since Christmas to get one and they're never available and up until this week all EVGA would say is "keep trying!" and throwing shade at Bitcoin miners. Now they've taken down the product page entirely.

And with nothing else worth purchasing in the 1060 range being available, I've asked EVGA what they're doing to fill the price point, and all I get is "we don't know".

Someone MUST know, or know someone who does. And I REALLY don't want to have to go off to another supplier for my next graphics card just because EVGA has suddenly decided to pull the middle third of their product line off the market, or simply not replenish it.

I'm hoping someone in the Tom's group knows what's going on.

Solution
Samsung and Hynix supply both NAND and GDDR memory, both are impacted by the shortage, in fact reports have said Samsung has cut back on GDDR memory capacity to try and focus on NAND.
Most likely the FTW2+ saw too low of sales to be worth the continued production.
Everyone obviously knows about the scarcity of cards right now, due in part to miners but also due to the NAND shortage as well.
EVGA most likely made the call to make their more budget friendly 1060s in higher volumes and discontinue the top tier model.

To me, it makes sense. They have too large of a product portfolio of 1060s during this shortage, and whats going to sell better:
A more expensive, higher clocked cards that a miner would probably just downlclock anyway
or
Cheaper models that sell faster.

Now thats just my hunch, EVGA is going to be the only person with an answer for you, and if they dont have one, there is probably a reason for that too.

Apr 19, 2018
Ummm... the scarcity of cards is due to Bitcoin miners buying up every last one on the market before anyone else can get one. So I doubt that's it.

And what does NAND have to do with video cards that use GDDR? They're not even close to the same process.

EVGA does have an answer, they're just not willing to share it. I'm just hoping to either force their hand or at least get them to cough up one last card.