Question What's going on with my laptop?

Dec 20, 2019
My specs:
Laptop Dell G7 7790
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHZ
Ram:
16.0 GB
GPU:
GeForce RTX 2060
Driver version 441.66 (up to date as I post this)

So I'm playing some Grand theft auto V, when all of a sudden it crashes.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
what failed: nvlddmkm.sys

Afterwards I get the same error in doom 2016, slime rancher, as well as saints row 4. The other common error is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
and nvlddmkm.sys fails again.

I don't get it, because I was able to play doom just fine a few days ago. I've only updated the graphics drivers and updated steam.

I tried a clean install for the drivers, I tired DDU to completely wipe the nvidia stuff from my system, but nothing worked.

I've also had some artifacts on the screen, they look like X's and randomly scattered pixels. It's possible it might be dying.

Last edited:

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
My specs:
Laptop Dell G7 7790
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHZ
Ram:
16.0 GB
GPU:
GeForce RTX 2060
Driver version 441.66 (up to date as I post this)

So I'm playing some Grand theft auto V, when all of a sudden it crashes.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
what failed: nvlddmkm.sys

Afterwards I get the same error in doom 2016, slime rancher, as well as saints row 4. The other common error is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
and nvlddmkm.sys fails again.

I don't get it, because I was able to play doom just fine a few days ago. I've only updated the graphics drivers and updated steam.

I tried a clean install for the drivers, I tired DDU to completely wipe the nvidia stuff from my system, but nothing worked.

I've also had some artifacts on the screen, they look like X's and randomly scattered pixels. It's possible it might be dying.

Are you getting a blue screen when it crashes?