stripedhornet

Reputable
Jun 10, 2018
Hello everyone, I need some help determining a problem with my system.

Just this week, my PC has begun crashing in games, the screen goes black and the fans spin up to maximum, or the PC just shuts off completely for a few minutes.
This is concerning me because my PC serves as my gaming system and for school work (university). I started to play a couple games and suddenly the screen goes black, this has happened in Red Dead Redemption 2, Modern Warfare, and House Flipper. I feel like it is either a GPU issue or a PSU issue, or a cooling issue because a couple white LEDs started blinking when the system shut off, one on the GPU and one on the motherboard.. I will list my full specs below, tell me what you guys think or if you've had a similar problem. Any help is appreciated!

My Custom PC:
CPU | Ryzen 7 2700X w/ Wraith Prism Cooler
MBD | MSI B450M Bazooka V2
RAM | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz C16
GPU | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Windforce 8G
PSU | Corsair Vengeance 650M 650W 80+ Silver
SSD 1 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
SSD 2 | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Case | Fractal Design Focus G w/ 3x Corsair LP120 RGB Fans
Extras | LED Lighting Strip
All drivers currently up to date.

Ralston18

Titan
First, look in the applicable manual (motherboard?) to determine what those two white LEDs may indicate. Are you able to observe temperatures both while not gaming and then while gaming? Look for overheating.

Second, look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the problems that are occurring.

Third, open the case and check that all components (cards, RAM, jumpers, cables...) are fully and firmly in place.

Fourth, if the case is full of dust and debris, then clean accordingly using canned air per the instructions.

How old is the PSU? The PSU may be starting to fail and cannot always keep up with the demanded load.

stripedhornet

Reputable
Jun 10, 2018
Reliability is saying I am having a hardware error which doesn't look to me, I have a feeling it is either my GPU, PSU, or Motherboard. I'll check those out soon. Here's an error I got today:

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffff9f025e8e9050
Parameter 2: fffff80160de8950
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 11c0
OS version: 10_0_18362
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033