[SOLVED] What's important GPU Clock Speed, GPU Memory Speed, Effective Memory Speed, Maximum Memory Bandwidth, Memory Bus Width, TMUs, or Shading units, etc?

raziel_5

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
I am comparing GPUs to find out what is better out of the cards I that have come out more recently and I am so lost between what is more important when it comes to these and the Floating-point performance as well Pixel Rate and Texture Rate. I'm not sure what the GPU Turbo is about either? https://versus.com/en/asus-rog-stri...0-gamerock-oc-vs-xfx-radeon-rx-6800-xt-gaming. https://versus.com/en/asrock-radeon...-6800-xt-vs-msi-radeon-rx-6800-xt-gaming-trio I am trying to figure out if I should just go with the one of the newer cards or if one of the older cards is better? I usually play games like MTG Arena and browse a lot of tabs and listen to music while I play my games. I rarely play League of Legends anymore but I hardly noticed a difference unless I used the highest setting in the game and turned on all chat. I have a AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-core processor which I unlocked the 16 cores on it now and I have 16 GB of RAM, a EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2070 and a ASRock B450 Motherboard so I am just wanting to stay up to date with the best GPU and hopefully at an affordable price but if it runs the best I'll save the money to get it eventually.

Solution
You can't use these stats to compare between AMD and NVIDIA GPUs. And often times, you can't even use them to directly compare how well GPUs within the same company perform if they're in different generations. You have to find reviews that benchmarked the GPUs you're interested in getting to make any semblance of a comparison.

Comparing AMD and NVIDIA GPU performance by specs alone is like trying to compare x86 with ARM.
You can't use these stats to compare between AMD and NVIDIA GPUs. And often times, you can't even use them to directly compare how well GPUs within the same company perform if they're in different generations. You have to find reviews that benchmarked the GPUs you're interested in getting to make any semblance of a comparison.

Comparing AMD and NVIDIA GPU performance by specs alone is like trying to compare x86 with ARM.

Solution