Question whats is the regular temperature for ryzen 3700x ( idle and heavy usage)?

Oct 26, 2019
I have 3700x + asus tuf x570
and when use Ryzen Master says that my idle temperature is 49%55° C, when i run a Cinebench R20 test my temperature go to 82°C.
Is all correct? Maybe the temperature is too much high or regular i dont know ? if yes, change the thermal paste will help? or buynig aftermarket cooler
whats is the regular temperature for ryzen 3700x ( idle and heavy usage)?

Temps do seem a bit high. I presume you have a fairly decent case and air flow? Yes a better CPU cooler will make a difference but I would look to make sure your current CPU cooler is on properly. Re apply with something like MX 4 Thermal Paste which is very cost effective and make sure your Wraith cooler is on properly as I think your idle temps are just a bit too high....

I am sure other 3700X users will jump on with accurate temps but my 8700K idles at 26 to 30 degrees depending on room temp so yours should not be beyond 40 degrees during idle but in the 30's...

I have 3700x + asus tuf x570
and when use Ryzen Master says that my idle temperature is 49%55° C, when i run a Cinebench R20 test my temperature go to 82°C.
Is all correct? Maybe the temperature is too much high or regular i dont know ? if yes, change the thermal paste will help? or buynig aftermarket cooler
whats is the regular temperature for ryzen 3700x ( idle and heavy usage)?
First thing is get HWinfo64 to use for monitoring temp's. Read the Tdie/Tctl temp line.

When you graph the Tdie/Tclt sensor you'll see it's normally peaky at idle, but the temperature peaks die down quickly. Concern yourself only with the valleys between the peaks. Also adjust fans to ignore the peaks so they don't pulse at idle. The valleys will rise up to meet the peaks as the processor heats up under load. I set my fans to just below audible up to about 65C or so and then start ramping up from there.

82C does seem a bit high during CB20 though (my 3700x runs 70-72C in it but I also have a 240mm AIO). If HWInfo reports similar Tdie/Tctl temp as RM check the cooler for proper mounting. Also: what cooler are you using? Your case should have proper airflow with fans to draw out hot air too.

Reactions: DMAN999
when i use HWInfo i found my temp go up and down quickly around 40-50
when i use cb r20 i go up 82 and 83
withstock cooler
https://5.top4top.net/p_1411d416x1.png
Nothing unusual for stock cooler even with best case cooling. Noticed your voltage is kinda going wild, see if you can set some negative voltage offset for CPU in the BIOS. Ideally -0.1v but may have to set some less. There's some inconsistency in applying idle voltages with most BIOS versions, pushing 1.5v+ when absolutely not needed, at IDLE.

Oct 26, 2019
Nothing unusual for stock cooler even with best case cooling. Noticed your voltage is kinda going wild, see if you can set some negative voltage offset for CPU in the BIOS. Ideally -0.1v but may have to set some less. There's some inconsistency in applying idle voltages with most BIOS versions, pushing 1.5v+ when absolutely not needed, at IDLE.
sorry my english is bad
but i I MAKE precision boost overdrive ENABLE so i think i get high temp because of that
you adcised me to disable it or not

sorry my english is bad
but i I MAKE precision boost overdrive ENABLE so i think i get high temp because of that
you adcised me to disable it or not
Like I said, try with negative voltage offset first, disabling PBO is not advisable as you would loose much top end performance and your temperatures are not high enough to necessitate disabling PBO altogether.

Reactions: DMAN999