Whats kind of graphics issue is this? take a look

sensai

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
hello guys, im new here.

can you tell me what wrong with my cpu/gpu? take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW7GT-095TE
that graphics display issue occur also on my other games.
but not that noticeable, only in far cry3.
i don't think its my far cry 3 problem.
coz its work fine on other pc, without that annoying thing

SO I DONT KNOW WHETHER ITS MY GRAPHICS CARD ISSUE OR PROCESSOR/MOBO.
so can you tell me guys if its my graphics card issue? if so? is there anyway to fix this without buying a new card. coz i dont need to upgrade coz this 9600gt 512mb ddr3 can handle ultra settings with avg. 36-39 FPS.

• here's my specs
    core2duo E8400 3.0ghz
    NVIDIA geforce 9600gt 512mb ddr3
    ASSrock 945gcm-s motherboard
    250gb HDD
    600watts.

That looks like an overheating or bad chip issue on the card. Usually if the chips get damaged like that, they do not go back to normal, if it's just an overheating issue, you can check the cooling in the case, make sure there is no dust, clean off the video card headsink and fan, maybe get a better fan for it.

sensai

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
thanks for a quick reply :) well, thats common cleaning a video card. i did it already, cleaned it. anyway my fan is stock.

but thats problem still exist. you u mean its my graphics card issu?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Does look like a GPU overheat or other serious issue.

I've gotten artifacts from video card sag before, the card bending under it's own weight. Solution was to lay the computer down (motherboard facing up)loosen the motherboard screws, install video card without screwing it down, and line everything up until there is little to no stress on the video card. Then gently tighten every screw, and go back and finally tighten each screw.

If the video card has a backplate, make sure it isn't loose.

Yes, about 95% sure it's the card. Try it in another system, it should do the same thing. Maybe not right away, but run it for an hour or so and see how it acts.

sensai

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013

i suspect too that it is overheat. coz my vc temp is goes up to 80c .. and when i touch the video card. its too hot. im thinking i have to sell it and buy a new 9600gt. anyway, what can u recommend a good video card with good cooling in gt400 series or something like that? same performance as 9600gt? thanks.

Don't know how well you will do selling a bad card, it's probably trash, you may get $5 or $10 for it tops.

If you want to pick up something cheap, a used nVidia 9800GT or GTX will be good, and you can find one for about $40-50. Or going new, ATI 7750 for under $100 is great. You can go $20 cheaper for a 6670, that will work OK with your CPU also. A 6670 new is not much more than a used card.

With your power supply wattage you can also go for something higher end that can be moved to a better system later, ATI 7770 or up.

sensai

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013

Yes, that video card will match the CPU pretty well, but you can get a new 7750 for almost the same price and it's the same speed. If the 5770 is NEW with a warranty, it's worth it. If used, get the 7750.

TRENDING THREADS