Question What's my computer worth?

Apr 8, 2019
Thanks in advance - what can I ask for this computer built Jan 2013?
Here's the specs:

CPU: Intel Core i73930K Sandy BridgeE 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W SixCoreDesktop Processor BX80619i73930K
CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Vortex Plus RRVTPS28PKR1 92mm
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC312800) Desktop Memory Model F312800CL10Q32GBZL
Storage 1: Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD1000DHTZ 1TB 10000 RPM 64MB Cache SATA6.0Gb/s 3.5"
Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive
Storage 2: ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3256GMC 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid StateDrive (SSD)
Video Card: ZOTAC ZT6110210M GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 128bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready
Power Supply: Thermaltake Black Widow W0319RU 850W ATX 12V v2.3, EPS 12V v2.91 CrossFireCertified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit

pcpartpicker total is about $1400.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Having just had some experience in selling a couple of 4th gen 'X' series processors alone, they went for $150 bucks with a quickness. The motherboard for that particular chip is quite expensive, even still, and they require a robust cooling solution like yours.

Where some of the components of your build are a bit past the curve that proc/mobo/RAM/cooler option is probably worth a great deal to someone.
I feel like ~$400 on those aspects alone would be a good deal to someone, perhaps a bit more. I don't feel like the above appraisal is out of the question as a whole system ready to run if you were marketing it in the right place/way.

Reactions: swyerless

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Hard to say. Might give your Craigslist or the like a try. Around here, personally CL is a huge waste in that everyone is looking for CRAZY deals.
I personally like to sell computer parts on Ebay, but parted. I have had varying luck selling components on forums as well. A whole system is a bit harder.

g-unit1111

Titan
I personally like to sell computer parts on Ebay, but parted. I have had varying luck selling components on forums as well. A whole system is a bit harder.

I too typically have better luck selling the parts than selling whole systems. You're probably going to get better odds and more money when selling an individual component than selling the whole system.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Selling individual is definitely better here. Selling as one unit only really works best when it's a common, desirable configuration. You'll have more people interested in replacing a CPU or a motherboard given the cost and scarcity of the parts on secondary markets than will be interested in the rest of the stuff. If you have a legitimate copy of Windows -- unfortunately, probably 90% of Windows 7 Ultimates I come across are not -- you could also do a fresh install and package the OS drive with the motherboard.

Apr 8, 2019
Thanks to everyone - I appreciate your taking the time to respond. I'll def consider ebay - my feedback is 100% w/ lots of recent sales so that may be the ticket.

TRENDING THREADS