What's new in Iiyama's visionmaster 454 new model?

Venom_IL

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2002
Namely, the HM903DT ?
Sure, the review in this site praises the visionmaster 454, but do the praises hold true for the new model as well?

Is the new model the exact same monitor, only it looks different physically?

(Sorry about the theme of my posts, but it's those darn companies that keep upgrading their products =] )

-------------------------
<font color=blue>Rest easy...
Venom is here</font color=blue>

mrKH

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2003
I have the same question. Has anybody used/seen a review of the new version of this monitor?

I have found out that the new model of the VisionMaster Pro 454 (Model number HM903DTA or HM903UTA depending on country you're in I think) has an improved picture tube. (The old version had the model number HM903DT).

The new version uses the Mitsubishi DiamondTron U2 CRT, as opposed to the DiamondTron M2 CRT in the old version.
This has a 0.24mm dot pitch across the whole screen, compared to 0.25mm at the centre and 0.27mm at the edges in the old version.
Also the viewable area is a few millimetres larger, the horizontal and vertical sync frequency ranges are slightly bigger, and the overall monitor is aout 0.5kg lighter as far as I know.

I found these differences on the japanese iiyama website (www.iiyama.co.jp) - the only one that has product pages for both the new and old versions of this monitor. Unfortunately I don't have the exact product link to hand.

Rgds,
Ken.