I been away for a week and i just wondering what name Amangill uses now, and
what else has gone on etc

catch up time! ;-)

On a flight related note though, For the first time in a long while i flew
on something different, a 767-300. We normaly go on 757-200/300s. One
question though, is it normal for ears to be in TERRIBLE pain when
climbing/decending in this plane? It was my worst flight since going on a
A320 (the really small one) which seemed to dive like a Ju87 dive bomber
into the Airport....
--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

I think he (Amangill) was exterminated, haven't seen him for a while now.
Interesting re 767, I had the same experience flying into CYVR, yet other
times when I have made the same flight, same approach in A340's and A330's
no pain. So either it was coincidence and my ears needed syringed or 767's
make steeper approaches than scarebuses.

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>I been away for a week and i just wondering what name Amangill uses now,
>and what else has gone on etc
>
> catch up time! ;-)
>
> On a flight related note though, For the first time in a long while i flew
> on something different, a 767-300. We normaly go on 757-200/300s. One
> question though, is it normal for ears to be in TERRIBLE pain when
> climbing/decending in this plane? It was my worst flight since going on a
> A320 (the really small one) which seemed to dive like a Ju87 dive bomber
> into the Airport....
> --
> From Overlag - Adam Webb

dallas

"Adam Webb"
> I been away for a week and i just wondering what name Amangill uses now,
and
> what else has gone on etc

Well, we found out "Cat in the Hat" raises ducks and "Gregory" is into
squirrel pornography.

Dallas

GREGORY

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:29:14 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>"Adam Webb"
>> I been away for a week and i just wondering what name Amangill uses now, and
>> what else has gone on etc
>
>Well, we found out "Cat in the Hat" raises ducks and "Gregory" is into
>squirrel pornography.
>
>Dallas

Nope.. untrue, and not into regular porn either,
sorry to disappoint. wait till winter and see my
photos. An example is electronic flash when
snowing. ANd you saw the santa cap on the
Bonanza. now That was hilarious..fix perfectly.
are you still sore about it.. Dallas? :)

-G

In fact the cabin rate is not directly related to the A/C's ROC or ROD! (I
explained this in another thread recently) It is mainly dependend on the
design of the pressurization system. Different A/C manufacturers have
different technologies and philosophies. Airbus e.g. starts pressurizing the
cabin during T/O roll which literally means that the cabin will experience a
shallow descent to around 100 ft below THR altitude and then start climbing
at a constant rate whereas others will start pressurizing the cabin upon
lift-off. This usually leads to a noticeable "bump" in cabin pressure.
Another thing is variable engine power. During high power output the
pressurization system will be fed from intermediate compressor stage bleed
air. Whenever power is reduced the intermediate pressure may drop below a
certain predefined level and now the high pressure valve opens to maintain
system pressure. This can also lead to a noticeable bump. It will mainly be
observed during descent. It happens first time when reducing PWR to start
initial descent from high altitude and consecutively when adding power to
maintain altitude or to slow descent the high pressure valve will open and
close upond demand of the pressurization system. Depending of the state of
the whole system, the valves and the pressurization controller it can be
quite noticeable (and sometimes admittently annoying...).
--
Oskar Wagner
(retired Captain)

Remember, in the great scheme of things, we're all small potatoes....

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I been away for a week and i just wondering what name Amangill uses now,
>and what else has gone on etc
>
> catch up time! ;-)
>
> On a flight related note though, For the first time in a long while i flew
> on something different, a 767-300. We normaly go on 757-200/300s. One
> question though, is it normal for ears to be in TERRIBLE pain when
> climbing/decending in this plane? It was my worst flight since going on a
> A320 (the really small one) which seemed to dive like a Ju87 dive bomber
> into the Airport....
> --
> From Overlag - Adam Webb

Arthur

On my return trip last spring from Los Angeles to Toronto in an A321, I
experienced a pain in my head during descent which I thought would kill me.
Admittedly, I did have a small head cold at the time and also had taken a
couple of Tylenol 3's for back pain. I have flown many, many times on
assorted Boeings and Airbuses and this was the first time I have ever
experienced such discomfort. The pain vanished the moment the wheels
touched down and I was the only one in the cabin to throw myself at the
captain's feet and thank him for his great landing. The security officers
managed to complete this experience.

Arthur

"Oskar Wagner" <rengaw@swissonline.ch> wrote in message
> In fact the cabin rate is not directly related to the A/C's ROC or ROD! (I
> explained this in another thread recently) It is mainly dependend on the
> design of the pressurization system. Different A/C manufacturers have
> different technologies and philosophies. Airbus e.g. starts pressurizing
> the cabin during T/O roll which literally means that the cabin will
> experience a shallow descent to around 100 ft below THR altitude and then
> start climbing at a constant rate whereas others will start pressurizing
> the cabin upon lift-off. This usually leads to a noticeable "bump" in
> cabin pressure. Another thing is variable engine power. During high power
> output the pressurization system will be fed from intermediate compressor
> stage bleed air. Whenever power is reduced the intermediate pressure may
> drop below a certain predefined level and now the high pressure valve
> opens to maintain system pressure. This can also lead to a noticeable
> bump. It will mainly be observed during descent. It happens first time
> when reducing PWR to start initial descent from high altitude and
> consecutively when adding power to maintain altitude or to slow descent
> the high pressure valve will open and close upond demand of the
> pressurization system. Depending of the state of the whole system, the
> valves and the pressurization controller it can be quite noticeable (and
> sometimes admittently annoying...).
> --
> Oskar Wagner
> (retired Captain)
>
> Remember, in the great scheme of things, we're all small potatoes....
>
> "Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>I been away for a week and i just wondering what name Amangill uses now,
>>and what else has gone on etc
>>
>> catch up time! ;-)
>>
>> On a flight related note though, For the first time in a long while i
>> flew on something different, a 767-300. We normaly go on 757-200/300s.
>> One question though, is it normal for ears to be in TERRIBLE pain when
>> climbing/decending in this plane? It was my worst flight since going on a
>> A320 (the really small one) which seemed to dive like a Ju87 dive bomber
>> into the Airport....
>> --
>> From Overlag - Adam Webb

GREGORY

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 18:48:54 -0400, "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>On my return trip last spring from Los Angeles to Toronto in an A321, I
>experienced a pain in my head during descent which I thought would kill me.
>Admittedly, I did have a small head cold at the time and also had taken a
>couple of Tylenol 3's for back pain. I have flown many, many times on
>assorted Boeings and Airbuses and this was the first time I have ever
>experienced such discomfort. The pain vanished the moment the wheels
>touched down and I was the only one in the cabin to throw myself at the
>captain's feet and thank him for his great landing. The security officers
>managed to complete this experience.

one time I congratulated the Capt or FO, whoever it was standing in
the lower Jetway, on a fine job even though we dropped like a crate
onto the runway with a chin-dipping ka-thud!!

-G

>Arthur
>
>"Oskar Wagner" <rengaw@swissonline.ch> wrote in message
>
>> In fact the cabin rate is not directly related to the A/C's ROC or ROD! (I
>> explained this in another thread recently) It is mainly dependend on the
>> design of the pressurization system. Different A/C manufacturers have
>> different technologies and philosophies. Airbus e.g. starts pressurizing
>> the cabin during T/O roll which literally means that the cabin will
>> experience a shallow descent to around 100 ft below THR altitude and then
>> start climbing at a constant rate whereas others will start pressurizing
>> the cabin upon lift-off. This usually leads to a noticeable "bump" in
>> cabin pressure. Another thing is variable engine power. During high power
>> output the pressurization system will be fed from intermediate compressor
>> stage bleed air. Whenever power is reduced the intermediate pressure may
>> drop below a certain predefined level and now the high pressure valve
>> opens to maintain system pressure. This can also lead to a noticeable
>> bump. It will mainly be observed during descent. It happens first time
>> when reducing PWR to start initial descent from high altitude and
>> consecutively when adding power to maintain altitude or to slow descent
>> the high pressure valve will open and close upond demand of the
>> pressurization system. Depending of the state of the whole system, the
>> valves and the pressurization controller it can be quite noticeable (and
>> sometimes admittently annoying...).
>> --
>> Oskar Wagner
>> (retired Captain)
>>
>> Remember, in the great scheme of things, we're all small potatoes....
>>
>> "Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>>>I been away for a week and i just wondering what name Amangill uses now,
>>>and what else has gone on etc
>>>
>>> catch up time! ;-)
>>>
>>> On a flight related note though, For the first time in a long while i
>>> flew on something different, a 767-300. We normaly go on 757-200/300s.
>>> One question though, is it normal for ears to be in TERRIBLE pain when
>>> climbing/decending in this plane? It was my worst flight since going on a
>>> A320 (the really small one) which seemed to dive like a Ju87 dive bomber
>>> into the Airport....
>>> --
>>> From Overlag - Adam Webb

> Oskar Wagner

Nice write up... good to know how it works!

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

Ditto - it's great having a real professional here. Thanks Oskar!
>> Oskar Wagner
>
> Nice write up... good to know how it works!
>
> --
> From Overlag - Adam Webb

dallas

"Gregory"
> That was hilarious..fix perfectly.
> are you still sore about it.. Dallas? :)

No, I'm sore that you're not in to squirrel pornography.

:)

Dallas

TRENDING THREADS