[SOLVED] whats reason of my computer freezing

Sep 13, 2020
hello guys. i have i3 4130 8GB RAM DDR3 gtx 650 1GB H81M-K and fake 400w suply, and when playing games it freezes in like every 5 second. and after 1-2 hour screen goes black and nothing happens until restart. i did memmry diagnostic and there was not problem. also i changed videocard from gt730 to gtx 650 and still freezes.i updated drivers instaled new windows and nothing worked. i though it was hdd problem becouse it was 99% and it causes it but no. becouse for example i downloaded cod mw3 today and it can run it on ultra settings with 60 fps but freezes in every 10 sec but when i choose lowest settings it doesnt freezes. so its not hdd read problem. so does anyone know what causes freezing? maybe fake 400w suply isnot enough? i changed thermal gel also but still freezes.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"fake 400w suply "

Can you be more specific: Make, model, wattage (400w), age, condition?

Windows OS?

Drives: make, model, capacities, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the freezes.

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
You said it yourself: "fake 400w suply", that means other parts won't have enough power to run, that was the reason for the freezes and shutdowns.

So replace that garbage asap or it is gonna put your house in fire. Refer to this article for a good replacement https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/

Also, you may need to clean your chassis and your fans along with replacing the CPU thermal paste

Solution

TRENDING THREADS