What's so cool about CPU;s?

G

Why most of the questions on the community are about CPU's ??? It's not the main factor anymore, especially for gamers!

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
well, currently you are in the cpu forum, which might go some way to explain it.

apart from that - CPU does count as not all people here are gamers. For professional/amateur WS users cpu can be everything. Besides, if you filter out a lot of the AMD is better than Intel/Intel is better than AMD posts, the forum probably levels off with other components....

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Peteb is right with that...
Also a CPU is a very important factor in a PC....without it you can't run your computer now can you? Plus we just all like to discuss the different architectural advances within every CPU and see how they stack up to one another......

-MeTaL RoCkEr

AMD = Always Making Dough... =)

G

Well Let me ask you this...
When you're about to build your own rig, what do you selcet first?
I mean cpu by this, and I mean what *type* do you select first.

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
What would I select ???
I would obviously look at CPU first...cuz if you want an Intel system..you need a board that supports Socket 370 (or if anyone still uses it, Slot 1). If I want an AMD system I need a Socket A (462) board......I would want to get the biggest bang for my buck though, however. That would directly lead to AMD as there price/performance ratios beat Intel's into a bulp......
It common sense...you can't go and get a P4 1.7GHz CPU and stick it into a ASUS A7V133....no what i mean?

-MeTaL RoCkEr

AMD = Always Making Dough... =)