Whats sounds is my computer making??

zeekgeek763

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
I'm mostly new to this forum so I don't fully know how to format this but anyways, Lately my computer has been making some strange noises, it makes some clicking type noise and I cant really describe it but I also cant really figure out what it is, it does this constantly and usually wont stop. I want to know what this is and how i can fix it if its some sort of issue. Thanks anybody why can help identifying this and get this question answered![video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mVpt4Mpztk"][/video] here is a video of the sound. it is quite a bit louder than it seems in the video since my pc is usually across the room from me.

D

Deleted member 2121781

My hard drive used to make that noise, but that does not seem likely or common, so... Try unplugging individual fans and see if it stops. Do you have a mechanical HDD or optical drive? Liquid cooler? Anything else that moves? Is the PC still working normally otherwise? If not, it is possible this is an electrical problem, although that sound does not sound like a normal electrical sound unless a capacitor is being shorted in ~1 sec. intervals; also highly unlikely.

zeekgeek763

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
Thanks for responding. I do have 2 mechanical hard drives (1 is almost 4 years old) and the other one i have is about 2 years old. I also do have an optical drive, i also have 2 case fans that are on about 70% speeds which i will unplug individually soon. And there are no changes in use of my PC and everything works fine. I also have no liquid cooling and i for the most part have the usual amount of moving parts in my PC like the gpu fans, psu fans, etc. And btw if u hear some other clicking type noises in the background, that is just my mouse clicking.

D

Deleted member 2121781

Ok, so yeah, try the fans and if it doesn't stop, try unplugging hard drives and see if when you turn on the PC the noise stops. Have you run a disk check btw?

zeekgeek763

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
I have tried the fans a couple hours ago to no avail. I haven't done a disk check recently so i'll do one soon. And I'll unplug hard drives soon to see if it will help.

TRENDING THREADS