Question What's stopping my PC from posting

Mason Methot

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
this started with my graphics card removal.

So I shut my system down properly, turned off the PSU and unplugged my GPU, removed it, and took it apart to clean it thoroughly. All fine and well.

Put it back together and turned the system on and saw no post, okay.... Saw I left the GPU unplugged from the power cable. Whoops. I hastely plugged it in (with the system still on lmaoo whoops again) still no post, seems normal so I shut it down and turned it back on.

Now: I'll get the screen saying system shut down improperly press F1 for bios yadada but there shouldn't be anything changed in the bios. Save n exit, turn back on and it's just sitting on the Asus loading screen.

I turn on and off numerous more times, same thing, loading screen or it tells me the system was improperly powered off go into bios. I even defaulted bios settings to no avail. What's going on here?

CPU: Intel i5 11600kf
CPU cooler: deepcool Castle aio
Motherboard:asus z590-p
Ram: Corsair 8x2 ddr4
SSD/HDD:
GPU: Asus 2060
PSU: EVGA (4 years old?)

Mason Methot

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
When you started the system with GPU not powered your machine most likely booted to Windows just fine, just without display. If you then shut it down using power button (or PSU switch) there is good chance Windows got corrupted and wont boot anymore. You need to repair it, or just reinstall.

How do I go about repairing it?

Mason Methot

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
When you started the system with GPU not powered your machine most likely booted to Windows just fine, just without display. If you then shut it down using power button (or PSU switch) there is good chance Windows got corrupted and wont boot anymore. You need to repair it, or just reinstall.
I'm not also getting a usb device overcurrent error now. Is there a chance I ruined my mobo?