[SOLVED] What's the best affordable displayport 1.4 cable?

austinl93

Honorable
Feb 1, 2015
I recently bought a 10 foot Jsaux displayport cable for my Acer Nitro xv340ck Ultrawide 3440x1440p 144hz monitor. I got the cable about 3 or 4 weeks ago. After about a week of use my monitor started flickering black. I determined the cable was bad. I tried putting it in displayport one and I tried the second port as well it still was flickering. So I tried both ports on my gpu. I had the cable for 3 or 4 weeks but only used it for about a week. Because I had decided to redo the floor in my room, and didn't want to have more things I'd have to move out of the room when redoing the floor. So I had to wait for time off from work to get the floors done. So the cable had very little use out of it, my return expired on amazon by the time it started causing my monitor to flicker. I don't have a spare displayport cable because I just bought the monitor when I bought that cable. So I've been using an hdmi cable on my monitor for now and the flickering has stopped completely. What is the best 1.4 displayport cable? Also the cable I was using was only a displayport 1.2 cable I don't know if that matters. As my monitor says it supports displayports 1.2 and 1.4 and my gtx 1070 says it supports both as well. I don't want to spend a ton just in case I get another cable that will last less than a month of use...

TRENDING THREADS