Whats the best/ bying a new printer verse getting refill inkjets

andy_in_kenya

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Hi Arlene,

honestly speaking - if your printer still works well and the only problem are the empty cartridges I'd rather go for a refill. This is of course my own personal opinion out of environmental aspects. Imagine that: Every user who has a home/small business type printer just throws the thing away once the cartridges are finished, then goes for a new one - and the same thing starts again. Well, I don't know how many billions or trillions of printers are in use in the world, but if everybody did that... I know, cartridges are sometimes even more expensive than a complete new printer with the 'starter' set of ink. But really, shouldn't we finally start to think thoroughly what we are going to leave behind for the next generations?
Once again, if it still works... go for new cartridges. Or get a decent refill kit... But for heaven's sake don't just throw another working piece of electronics, metal and plastic away for no reason.
Not trying to be the teacher here... Just concerned about what's going on with our environment.
Best
Andy