[SOLVED] What's the best cloning software to clone from one partition to another(instead of disk to disk)?

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
I've tried Acronis True Image and it only clones disks, not partitions. As for AOMEI Partition Assistant I don't trust it has corrupted my main OS once after a cloning operation gone bad.

So what am I left with if I want to clone a specific partition(with Windows 10) onto another partition(not disk)?

PS: I'd like a program that clones without having to reboot in the process because AOMEI has ruined my main OS by having to reboot to clone.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Why do you want to have Windows running in the background while cloning? That is flat out a bad idea, juls like have a heart operation inside a fast moving wehicle - just that much that may go wrong (that is just my opinion, there may be companies making actual working solutions for this but I have not came across one that I trust doing so safely).

Personally I would prefer using Clonezilla. It supportabout everything that is regarding to hardware. I have never had any problems.

NB: Make sure your RAM is ok, because corrupted RAM may cause failure of data written to disk, regardless of how trusty a program is.
Why do you want to have Windows running in the background while cloning? That is flat out a bad idea, juls like have a heart operation inside a fast moving wehicle - just that much that may go wrong (that is just my opinion, there may be companies making actual working solutions for this but I have not came across one that I trust doing so safely).

Personally I would prefer using Clonezilla. It supportabout everything that is regarding to hardware. I have never had any problems.

NB: Make sure your RAM is ok, because corrupted RAM may cause failure of data written to disk, regardless of how trusty a program is.

Solution