Whats the best cooling for ATI9800pro

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1,588
0
19,780
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

I have the 9800Pro (system congfig below) and was wondering what all of your
opionions are reguarding cooling for my GPU. There is so much on the
available on the market, that I thought I'd come to the people who really
know.
Please advise.



--
P4 3.20E HT
ABIT IS7-E
1 gig Corsair Ram
ATI 9800Pro
WD 160gig SATA
DSL Internet Connection
ETC......
 

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1,588
0
19,780
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

This is great information. Just one question, Considering that I have 3
Tornado fans in my case and that a quiet fan is not important to me, is this
still your number one choice?




"Frank" <me@somewhere.net> wrote in message
news:bCCyc.1$yp3.547@news.abs.net...
> I have the 9800Pro (system congfig below) and was wondering what all of
your
> opionions are reguarding cooling for my GPU. There is so much on the
> available on the market, that I thought I'd come to the people who really
> know.
> Please advise.
>
>
>
> --
> P4 3.20E HT
> ABIT IS7-E
> 1 gig Corsair Ram
> ATI 9800Pro
> WD 160gig SATA
> DSL Internet Connection
> ETC......
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

YEP....still number one!!! I have 5 case fans and the main object for
me was better cooling!

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:57:43 -0400, "Frank" <me@somewhere.net> wrote:

>This is great information. Just one question, Considering that I have 3
>Tornado fans in my case and that a quiet fan is not important to me, is this
>still your number one choice?
>
>
>
>
>"Frank" <me@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>news:bCCyc.1$yp3.547@news.abs.net...
>> I have the 9800Pro (system congfig below) and was wondering what all of
>your
>> opionions are reguarding cooling for my GPU. There is so much on the
>> available on the market, that I thought I'd come to the people who really
>> know.
>> Please advise.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> P4 3.20E HT
>> ABIT IS7-E
>> 1 gig Corsair Ram
>> ATI 9800Pro
>> WD 160gig SATA
>> DSL Internet Connection
>> ETC......
>>
>>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"Frank" <me@somewhere.net> wrote in message
news:bCCyc.1$yp3.547@news.abs.net...

" I have the 9800Pro (system congfig below) and was wondering what all of
your opionions are reguarding cooling for my GPU. "


http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer/

Check revision compatibility at
http://www.ocfaq.com/reviews/ArcticCooling/VGASilencer_Rev3/
 

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003
463
0
18,780
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

> http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer/

Version3 on sale at www.svc.com $15

rms
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:14:59 +0100, "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com>
wrote:

>"Frank" <me@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>news:bCCyc.1$yp3.547@news.abs.net...
>
>" I have the 9800Pro (system congfig below) and was wondering what all of
>your opionions are reguarding cooling for my GPU. "
>
>
>http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer/
>
>Check revision compatibility at
>http://www.ocfaq.com/reviews/ArcticCooling/VGASilencer_Rev3/
>
Those the :
ARCTIC COOLING VGA SILENCER (REV. 2)

build for the ati 9800xt fit the ati 9800pro build by ati?
 

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1,588
0
19,780
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Good to know. Thanks to everyone who helped.



<Heywood> wrote in message
news:4ovmc0p7vf22ov96l4oh6dcfr6r892slg5@4ax.com...
> YEP....still number one!!! I have 5 case fans and the main object for
> me was better cooling!
>
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:57:43 -0400, "Frank" <me@somewhere.net> wrote:
>
> >This is great information. Just one question, Considering that I have 3
> >Tornado fans in my case and that a quiet fan is not important to me, is
this
> >still your number one choice?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >"Frank" <me@somewhere.net> wrote in message
> >news:bCCyc.1$yp3.547@news.abs.net...
> >> I have the 9800Pro (system congfig below) and was wondering what all of
> >your
> >> opionions are reguarding cooling for my GPU. There is so much on the
> >> available on the market, that I thought I'd come to the people who
really
> >> know.
> >> Please advise.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> P4 3.20E HT
> >> ABIT IS7-E
> >> 1 gig Corsair Ram
> >> ATI 9800Pro
> >> WD 160gig SATA
> >> DSL Internet Connection
> >> ETC......
> >>
> >>
> >
>
 

Jones

Distinguished
May 7, 2004
42
0
18,530
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:57:43 -0400, "Frank" <me@somewhere.net> wrote:

>This is great information. Just one question, Considering that I have 3
>Tornado fans in my case and that a quiet fan is not important to me, is this
>still your number one choice?
>

You might take a look at the FanCard. It's about $19 and fits in a
pci slot next to your video card or over one if you've got space. It
has two 70mm fans on it and it just blows air all over the working
side of your video card. There's a speed adjust slider on the pci
slot cover, but it works even better if you hook it up to a 5" bay fan
controller like the sunbeam rheobus which allows you to switch it off
completely. Runs off a drive connector by the way.

If moving the hot air out of the case isn't important and noise isn't
important; and it sounds like that's the situation with your PC, then
the fan card will cool all the components on the GPU side of your
video card at once. When you turn it up, it really moves some air.

The advantage is that you wouldn't have to change anything on your
video card. Just leave the stock heatsink/fan there.

Oh and the blue LED's are pretty cool. Looks like a couple of gas
burners under your video card.