[SOLVED] Whats the best free antivirus with web security currently for Windows 10

eziowar

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2015
hi, my cpu i5-4670k, gpu - zotac 1050ti mini, mobo- gigabyte z87x-ud3h, bios version F10b, psu corsair cs650m , ram 4x4gb @1600 mhz, MX 500 500gb ssd, WD 1TB sata internal hdd, AHCI,windows10,
Please suggest me the best free antivirus with web security currently for Windows 10.

Solution
Norton has worked for me and it will do a great job of it
Or total AV is my second placer lots of cool features (both cost money)
But total av is free but features are limited

Bit Defender and malware bytes are among the best.

But I'm going to be honest with you, the free stuff isn't as good as the paid stuff. The paid versions contain more features which more actively protect your system. The free stuff may keep you from sketchy sites, avoid TLS 1.0, and catch most virus attacks, but lack advanced remediation routines.

Paid software contain advanced features like encryption lockers and protected files to protect against advanced system changes and ransomware. So if a new virus comes out, and the first level of defense...

laptop-Tech

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020

But I'm going to be honest with you, the free stuff isn't as good as the paid stuff. The paid versions contain more features which more actively protect your system. The free stuff may keep you from sketchy sites, avoid TLS 1.0, and catch most virus attacks, but lack advanced remediation routines.

Paid software contain advanced features like encryption lockers and protected files to protect against advanced system changes and ransomware. So if a new virus comes out, and the first level of defense fails, the paid versions have additional backups to protect you.

PS: Some "Free Versions" also might sell your personal behavior and email addresses. This is one revenue stream to keep "free" going. So read the terms of service CAREFULLY.

You know the saying "You get what you pay for."

Reactions: eziowar
Solution

eziowar

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2015

Paid software contain advanced features like encryption lockers and protected files to protect against advanced system changes and ransomware. So if a new virus comes out, and the first level of defense fails, the paid versions have additional backups to protect you.

PS: Some "Free Versions" also might sell your personal behavior and email addresses. This is one revenue stream to keep "free" going. So read the terms of service CAREFULLY.

You know the saying "You get what you pay for."
Thank you, i'm currently using Kaspersky secure cloude free and for any online transaction i use WDAG isolated edge browser. Should i move to bit defender, does it provide sandbox browser optim in its free version?

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
I use 360 Total Security for years and I'm not complaining. It's a Chinese company antivirus and some people look at it with suspecions, but I'm personally satisfied with this antivirus and been using it for years. Comes with anti-ransomeware as well.

Last edited: