Whats the best gpu for my setup

paule151

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hello, how high can i go on my spec amd athlon xp 3000 @2.167 1.25mb of ram km400 mobo pny geforce fx 5700le agp 500w psu

paule151

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010

thankyou wolf for an actual answer all the best buddy peace out

paule151

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
You asked what gpu for you setup didn't you? Well what do you think a GPU is for kid? Your gpu choice is based on what you use the gpu for, and the resolution you run.

If your playing Mah Jung on your Mom's 15" monitor then you dont need a new gpu at all NOOB.
im just maxin this old machine to sell to upgrade it doesnt even have a screen it sells for more if its at its peak, ok sweetheart

Wolfshadw

Titan
If all you intend to do is sell this system after the upgrade, then I'd say don't bother. The system as it is would only bring in about $50-$100. With the new 7600GS, maybe $150 (and that's a big maybe). You'd actually lose money by upgrading, IMO.

-Wolf sends

paule151

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
i can get gpu's kinda cheap from a buddy @ culi comps. jus wanted your technical knowledge of what would best match this system thanx anyways ,,,,,so if any1 does have a real genuine answer please let me know

paule151

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
yes of course tuff nut forgot u were the business noob, i came here cos u were all supposed to be the best at technical knowledge and matchin gpu's an stuff but seems all ure good at is actin tuff behind ur lil computer keyboard,, i can see me asking any question to yall is a mistake forget u fink ure better than evry1.. peace out all the best in your life...
a simpl;e question yet a million stupid answers except wolf who did actually give an answer,

paule151

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
i love the way you worry bout me wasting money but is that your problem ....i asked a question ,you couldnt answer its okay that your a muppitt dont think anyone really cares sweet cheeks.
if you didnt have an answer to the question then you shoulda a said F**K all and left it to someone who did .. okay lil bud in future dont anger yourself ,,, i big loada s**T jus cos u couldnt answer a simple question , ithink you need some time out dude go out enjoy yourself let your hair down stop fretin ,,,((((CHILL))))
ty to those who did have an answer to upgradin my old *** lol

I doubt you are going to get much money for selling that system and anyone who cares about gaming especially will avoid buying it. AGP cards are expensive and the upgrade will likely cost you more than it will increase the resale value.

paule151

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
a friend wanted this pc for his kids tht works at a shop called culi if i max he will buy ,,he will give this mobo for it instead of cash (Asus M4A79T Deluxe CrossFire AMD AM3 Mobo) . so if anyone could give a simple answer to a simple question please enlighten me......all the best paul.e. a good deal i thought so would appriciate an answer i know it cant cost alot to max gpu with this setup as its quite old

paule151

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
thankyou i think best bet is 4650 i think 4670 will bottle a lot, and 3850 is okay but i think ill go for 1gb 4650 ,,,if pc struggles wid it i prob jus grab a 7600gs like wolf said thankyou for makin things a lil easier good forumer best so far

Wolfshadw

Titan
Actually, there was a reason I chose the 7600GS as the best for your system. I used to run a very similar system a few years back (Athlon XP 3200+, 2GB RAM, AGP Interface). I tried upgrading that system to a 7800GS and was significantly bottlenecked by the processor. All the cards jyjjy mentions exceed the 7800GS in performance according to Tom's Graphic Card Hierarchy Chart.

-Wolf sends