What's the best/most powerful graphics card for an ASUS Maximus V Formula motherboard?

Mickey Shen

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know your opinions on which graphics card is best for the Maximus V Formula motherboard?
My PC Specs are:

Maximus V Formula
i5 3750k CPU overclocked @4.5ghz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU FAN
ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II 4gb
Kingston HyperX Predator 8gb Kit(2x4) 2400mhz(running at 1333mhz)
Antec HCG 620W Modular
Thermaltake Armor Revo(Stock fans +small fan from my old PC)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM
LG Bluray Writer

I'm not really satisfied with the gtx 670, was kind of disappointed with it's performance, I want something more powerful. My budget is around $500, absolute max $600. I am from Australia btw.

Preparing myself for GTA V when it comes out on PC :D

Any opinions you have are welcome/appreciated, thanks in advance :)

prettyflvcko

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
I'd tell you to go with the evga GTX 970 FTW edition. Gives absolute performance and as Undying89 said you'll have more Vram.

Some people may say to not go with evga, but that's your choice you can still go with ASUS STRIX wich would be a very great choice too and would fit with your Motherboard.

prettyflvcko

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

Asus strix and Evga ftw are pretty much the same preformance, superclocked is a bit under and the standard uses the stock clock with the stock coolerfrom nvidia.Classified outperforms them all ! The only difference are the core clocks if im not missing anything. You could compare it to cpus for example if you get an i5 3570, it will be a bit faster than a 3440. I would higly recommend to go with the asus strix since evga got kind of problems .... You will also get ALL THE FEATURES from asus since your mobo is also an asus